A replacement for Juno G

Forum for JUNO-G
i008580

A replacement for Juno G

Post by i008580 »

Hello there!

The Juno G is what I use for 90% of my sounds, although I rarely touch the keybed (using RD700NX as a master). I own two Juno G units because if I had one and it quit on me, I would be in big trouble.

Considering the screen issues (which I experience on both) and it getting more and more difficult to get a good used unit at an affordable price, I am looking for something to eventually replace, or act as backup to the Juno G.

What's important to me is the Juno's ability to have performances with different patches for all 16 MIDI channels and assign them freely across the keyboard. Also important are the multiple outputs of the Juno. Don't care about the recorder or the sampler.

Anyone out there who can recommend a keyboard in the price range of the Juno G that has these great capabilities (and also the great sound library)?

Thanks!
Kevin
DNGmaestro

Re: A replacement for Juno G

Post by DNGmaestro »

The one wich the Juno-G is based on, the Fantom-X .
marczellm

Re: A replacement for Juno G

Post by marczellm »

Looking at Roland's product lineup, the direct replacement for JUNO-G is currently the FA-06.
Advantages compared to JUNO-G:
- newer soundset and technology: SuperNatural piano, EP, tonewheel organ, strings, synth
- contains the XV soundset, which overlaps largely with the JUNO soundset
- 2 virtual SRX card slots, the downloads are free
- sample pads
Disadvantages:
- only stereo outputs + mono sub out
- cannot set program change + bank select sent (if you send program change from your RD it's all fine)

Studio Sets offer the same versatility as a JUNO Performance (16 patches, fully configurable layering).