Juno G drivers to windows 10

Forum for JUNO-G
cocolizo78

Juno G drivers to windows 10

Post by cocolizo78 »

Hi guys
Good morning
I use windows 10 and my keyword Juno G no conect.
I need drivers for Juno G

I have windows 10 64 bit.

Thank You for you help.

milton diaz

Perú - Chicama
cocolizo78

Re: Juno G drivers to windows 10

Post by cocolizo78 »

help please
I need a personal tecknical
marczellm

Post by marczellm »

Hi,

there are absolutely no JUNO-G drivers for Windows 8.1 and 10, and quite possibly Roland will never release one.

See this thread for a workaround. It is quite involved and difficult.
NemoX

Post by NemoX »

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Getting-your- ... 67234.aspx
Method 1 worked for me on windows 10. However after first major widnows 10 update it stopped working. If you find something better let me know...
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

I guess its the end of an era - I upgraded to Window's 10 and cant see my Juno-G since the driver doesnt work.

I had real trouble upgrading to Windows 10 (from 7) proabaly because the driver wasnt going to work - I nearly didnt do it and then finally bit the bullet doing a clean install - whole process (back up, make sure I had all software keys etc) tool a few days (until stable) - then had to kill a virus which crept in possibly with firefox (and my antivirus didnt block) and then went to install drivers and - well I may try forcing the code change in the ins file but might not work!

Its a shame - but I've had the G for nearly 11 years.
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

Managed to get the driver to work. Here are some instructions.

(1) Download the Windows 8.1 driver
(2) In the junog_win8d_v100 folder open the files folder - pick either 32bit or 64 bit folder and open that
(3) Run the set-up - when you are asked to connect the Juno-G do not do that - select cancel but do not choose to uninstall - you can then switch on and connect a USB cable to the keyboard
(4) In the files folder (same folder as your install file) there is a file called RDIF1063.inf - open that in notepad
(5) change the line which starts %MfgName%... so that the bit saying NTamd64.6.3 is now NTamd64.10 - keep all other text
(6) change the line [Roland.NTamd64.6.2] to [Roland.NTamd64.10] - the two edits just say use this for Windows 10
(7) Save the file
(8) Restart the computer pressing the shift key - this will then restart the machine and allow you to disable verification of the driver's signature
(9) When prompted select - Troubleshoot; Advanced Options; Startup settings - then select restart
(10) When the machine restarts select F7 - disable signature enforcement
(11) When this is done and you've logged on select WINDOWS(button) + X (key) then select Device Manager
(12) In sound, video and game controllers select Juno-G
(13) Select Update Driver; Browse my computer for driver software
(14) Select Let me pick..... then press Next
(15) Select Have Disk then search for the inf file in the folder (where-ever you stored the driver) - junog_win8d_v100;files;64bit(or 32bit);files
(16) In that directory you will have your modified inf file - select that and then press open
(17) Run the driver - you will be told it is not signed - allow it to run anyway
(18) After a few minutes the driver will have installed.

This allows you to see the Juno-G in your DAW (works with Sonar) - I have not tried the editor yet
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

Editor seems to work too - did have a data read/write error but its been a long time since I have used.
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

And the Library works too!
Fitzgrade

Post by Fitzgrade »

Is this fix working? Cant belive Roland not updating for win10. How hard is it to put out a driver update like? Money grabbing c###'s i will never be buying with them again.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

hi, is there a place to download the modified driver to work on win 10? thanks
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

dobranszkiemil

Post by dobranszkiemil »

HI a great solution for me was an (old midi) MIDI to USB interface automatically recognized by win 10