JunoG to MC303 double sounds

Forum for JUNO-G
Striple

JunoG to MC303 double sounds

Post by Striple »

Hi all, have been trying 2 days in manuals to solve my problem, searched here and can find no solution, so it's either impossible, or so easy I overlooked something?

I want to play and sync patterns on the 303 whilst performing on the Juno.

JunoG is midi out to MC303 midi in, I get play/stop/tempo sync ok.

But when I play on the juno, I get the MC303 channel sounds playing as well. The 303 seems to insist on being controlled from an external keyboard, and I can't stop it. Have tried every setting in the book for both machines. Worst example is if I have arpeggiator switched on in the 303, and press start on the Juno, the 303 goes bananas, so control messages are flooding the 303 and I need them gone.

Only option that does anything is local switch off for the Juno. This still plays 303 sounds from the Juno, but no Juno sounds. I want it the other way around.

Can anyone save me some hair? :(
Striple

Re: JunoG to MC303 double sounds

Post by Striple »

Workaround found.

JunoG sends MMC midi as master to a multitrack recorder, which then sends midi clock out to the groovebox.

Since the multitracker only cares about sync recording/playback, only the start/stop/continue control messages get through, which stops the 303 receiving any other midi sound messages.

Back in the groove :)