Acoustic guitar chords

Forum for JUNO-G
Patrik

Acoustic guitar chords

Post by Patrik »

Hi all,
I am trying to create gtr chords played with one finger that sound like you play on regular 6string (actually 5 strings are touched). Using chord memory I can do it but only in one chosen scale for exmp. X major. I can divide keyboard to 4 areas in perf mode as areas for diferent scales (major, minor, major7, minor7) (I have 61 keys) but only apply chord memory on one selected area. Even if I could use it to more areas it would be the same chord memory style.
So there are two chalenges. Although it can not cover all chords It is worth a try for most used chords.
I know it is rather G alchemy but it sounds great in one scale.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
techie

Re: Acoustic guitar chords

Post by techie »

That's a tricky one. If you want a sequence of chords in different scales to be preprogrammed, only viable option i see is to make an arpeggiator phrase for them. That's not the same of course and could be problematic if you are playing with live drummer :) But if you use juno-g drums syncing to tempo will not be a problem. Only question left if number of chords you need can be put into length of arpeggio pattern. But otherwise if you have sequence of C G D A or whatever, put them to arpeggio and then you can launch them by pressing the key you need.

Or another option (also not perfect), more suitable for live playing - if you have Juno-G V 2.0 OS with sampling enabled, sample your chords one by one. E.g. enable Chord mode -> choose scale -> play chord and sample -> assign to button. Then you can have chords from different scales that can be triggered by button click in live mode.

Otherwise Chord mode still can be used when recording song. E.g. you record first bar in one scale. Change scale. Record next bar in different scale. Then you can copy / paste those bars across the track if needed.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

+1 on this: if you have Juno-G V 2.0 OS with sampling enabled, sample your chords one by one! And with a real guitar.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Thanks for your notice. Sampling is the most simple method of course but you can not use all features of real time events as in "ordinary mode". I created patch that plays chord twice - first by pressing the key and second by releasing it. Just like you play down and up on 6string.
So I ' ll try work with that arpeggios. Live playing is more important that recording at this time. Tempo issue .. don' t care so far.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Ok! That's true. I would like to hear how it sounds when you finish the patch.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Hi, all. No glory so far. I have done only major and minor chords through CHORD MEMO. Although I can play most simple guitar songs I have to switch between two CHORD MEMO user settings. But for the listener the result sounds good with my "up/down=attack/release" patch.
Still working on it.