Connect to computer via USB with a broken display

Forum for JUNO-G
leif

Connect to computer via USB with a broken display

Post by leif »

Hi,

I want to connect my Juno-G to a computer using the direct USB connection.

It should be very easy with the LCD display working. Unfortunally my is broken.
I wonder if someone can help me with the sequence without using the display.
e.i. How I will press the arrow key and the dial knob to select the options.

The sequence with a display is as follow:

1. On the Juno-G, press MENU.
2. Cursor to "System" and press ENTER.
3. Press the KBD/ORG button under the screen to select the "GENERAL" options.
4. Press the WORLD button under the screen to select the "USB" options.
5. Cursor to "USB Mode" and use the Value Dial to set this to "MIDI." You will need to press the VOCAL/PAD button under the display (OK) to proceed.
6. Press the VOCAL/PAD button under the display (Write) to save this setting, then press EXIT twice.
7. Power off and then back on the Juno-G.

I would be very happy and gratefull if someone could help

Leif
craigsfrost

Re: Connect to computer via USB with a broken display

Post by craigsfrost »

You wouldn't need to go to all those steps. Just wait until the synth is booted. If you can't see anything onscreen then wait a minute. Make sure to connect the USB cable. Press the USB button. Then if you want to connect via the CF card press Brass button or internal storage press the World button. It will then connect and you will see a new storage device on your computer.
leif

Post by leif »

Hi Craigslist,

Thanks for helping me.

First a happy news.

I have had problem with my LCD display long time until it became totally blank. And I have read many posts about the problem. One guy wrote that his crazy display was better during winter time. So I took my Juno-g
into the bedroom and set the air conditoner to 16 Degree Celsius (60 Degrees Fahrenheit) and beleive it or not the Lcd Display became hundred percent OK. It was crisp and clear and I could read everything.

When I take it out to another room with normal temperatur it will go crazy again and back to 16 Degres it will be Ok. So from now on I must be in the very cold bedroom.

Now to the bad news.

The connection to the computer did not work. The Juno-g's display said "Now connecting .........."
I waited ten minutes but nothing happened. So the problem is still there.
Any ideas?

Leif
leif

Post by leif »

Hi again,

I'm sorry I called you the wrong name, Craigsfrost.

Leif
craigsfrost

Post by craigsfrost »

What computer and OS version do you have? Also, maybe you are trying to use the librarian or editor? Or using a DAW with the Juno-G?
leif

Post by leif »

Hi,

I have Windows 7 64 bit, Fokusrite audio interface with electric guitar and REAPER .

I want to use my juno-g as a midi controller. To do this I must install juno-g's driver. (version windows 7 64 bit)

Installation started fine, but when connecting the Juno-G via USB the installation program did not see the Juno-G connection.... I waited for long time , but nothing happend. The installation program stays waiting on the Juno-G.
(The same as when I tried to connect to the internal memory).

Perhaps its a faulty USB cabel?

Leif
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

I think you have to change the USB options before connect and install the driver.
Your Juno must be in Usb Storage mode (User or Card), you must select "midi USB" before hand for the driver installation. Press USB and then the first left button under the display (i don´t have my juno here!).
Good luck