Arpeggio playback from sequence part

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

Arpeggio playback from sequence part

Post by craigsfrost »

I'm going in circles trying to get a track with chords to trigger the arp. I created the tracks on the computer and it plays back fine in the Juno-G sequencer. But when I assign the arp to the track I want and engage it, nothing happen on playback other than just the straight chords being played the way I programmed them. It works fine if I play along on the keybed. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere to get what I already programed to trigger the arp? I already know that when you sequence using the arp that it records each note the arp made so if it were in random mode, the playback would be stuck with only the random-ness of that recording. It wouldn't be freshly random on each playback of the recording. With that thinking, maybe it's not possible for sequencer playback to trigger the arp because it needs to be recorded in the Juno-G only?
craigsfrost

Re: Arpeggio playback from sequence part

Post by craigsfrost »

I'm really not happy with the arpeggiator. I'm just using the first basic pattern with 1 note in the grid. Set to 16th notes in U/D mode with no additional octaves. When I play a chord that's long enough holding 6 keys down it will travel up and then back down like it should. However, if I play a chord half the length I'm expecting the pattern to go up and then reset on the next chord and start at the bottom and go up again. But it's instead continuing and falling back down on the 2nd chord. So annoying!

Don't get me started on random mode. Sometimes I can hear patterns that repeat over and over. That's not random. And if I hold 2 major C chords right next to each other the pattern is strange but if I move 1 hand an octave away from the other, it seems much more random the way I expect.