New-ish analog synth to fill in what the Juno-G lacks?

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

New-ish analog synth to fill in what the Juno-G lacks?

Post by craigsfrost »

Hi all (or anyone who is still lurking),

I have 3 VA synths I will be selling eventually to fund a true analog. I make 80's covers and am trying to figure out what the best sub-$1,000 synth that will fill in any gaps. So far I've started diving in and creating some simple sounds on the Juno-G using 2 saw tones for a few songs and they sound at least as good as my MiniAK/Micron or MiniNova.

I have had my eye on both the DeepMind 12 or DSI Mopho X4+ for a little while. My thought is to use the true analog synth for 1 standout sound (like solo, bass or strings) in each song (since they are mono-timberal). I don't want to gig with more than 2 synths. Then sometimes I think maybe I'm most lacking in Moog sounds? I have thought about getting a Behringer Model D plus the DeepMind 12 (if I get a used one) to try and stay in budget. But then I'd need a mixer instead of just piggybacking off the Juno-G inputs.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts.

If anyone wants to hear what I've done so far here is my SoundCloud. Most sounds are from the Juno-G while a few on "Save A Prayer" are from the MiniAK/Micron. Some DX7 bass samples I got online as well as a Moog bass. "Cars" lead is from the MiniNova and "Sweet Dreams" lead is from the MiniAK/Micron.
https://soundcloud.com/craigsfrost-1
Thanks