Sample rate clicking in recordings

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

Sample rate clicking in recordings

Post by craigsfrost »

Anyone experience any clicking in the background of tracks they record from the input? Mine does it maybe 30% of the time and not throughout the whole recording. Usually, the whole song will be clean until the end. Maybe the last 10 seconds or so will have noticeable clicks that sound like sample rate errors like when you convert an audio file to an unsupported sample rate in a DAW and play it back.
craigsfrost

Re: Sample rate clicking in recordings

Post by craigsfrost »

I guess I'm the only one having this issue. It's getting worse I think. It was only doing it when recording external audio. Now I just heard it when doing a mixdown of internal MIDI tracks only. I have to just record again and it's fine but I'm afraid if it is getting worse that eventually I won't be able to record at all. Are my DACs going bad?
Leo Castro

Re: Sample rate clicking in recordings

Post by Leo Castro »

Because this: "Now I just heard it when doing a mixdown of internal MIDI tracks only", you can know that your dac's are fine.
I don't have that problem, but i don't use the Juno G to record tracks often. But all my samples are clean, free of clicks or crackle.
Just avoid clipping and keep the Master gain (on the sound menu)on 0dB or below.
Regards