Still using Juno-G?

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

Still using Juno-G?

Post by craigsfrost »

Just checking if people are still using the Juno-G and if not what have you replaced it with?
Leo Castro

Re: Still using Juno-G?

Post by Leo Castro »

Yes. Love it
muzior

Post by muzior »

Yes, I am not going to change this instrument.
marczellm

Post by marczellm »

I have invested a lot of time learning it, and now I can use it and design / modify patches very fluently.
Bassmike

Post by Bassmike »

Question: Is there a post addressing updated information on availability of the
Juno-G backlit replacement screens and alternative sources since Roland Chinese
source no longer provides? Any info would be greatly appreciated. tks. M.
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

I'm still going strong with my Juno-G for 11 years now! I haven't replaced it. I played with a Juno-DS and I feel like parts of the interface is a step backward. I like to program my patches from scratch and the Juno-G has just enough knobs to make it easy and quick. The Juno-DS just lost a couple but that was enough. Maybe if I spent some more time with the DS I would get fast on it, but I don't think so as the menus are pretty similar. Also I like that the Juno-G has the metal plate on the front. And the 2 extra individual outs! Sampling on it is really easy too and with the FX engine it's basically a poor man's SP-404.
wilcossb@hotmail.com

Post by wilcossb@hotmail.com »

I am still using mine and enjoy it ! even with the original screen. I'm also a proud owner of a Fa! but the lack of individual outs among other details prevented me from selling out my Juno-G.
Fa = sampling on the pad only for trigger(in principal) G = Sampling on the key + use as a patch option.
Fa = Tone structure no graphic(less intuitive) G = nice graphic option for tone structure (although not as colorful as the Fa) and so on...another nice cool feature is the loop function of the sequencer which can be set to a number of time for looping a section of a song versus indefinitely!