Sequencer deleting other tracks while recording new track

Forum for JUNO-G
craigsfrost

Sequencer deleting other tracks while recording new track

Post by craigsfrost »

So I think my Juno-G is sensing my eventual upgrade to a Yamaha MODX8. I've had a second time now recently where I already have a few tracks laid down in the sequencer and saved. Then I'm working on a new track and all of the sudden I notice either a big chunk of the song missing on all tracks or the whole rest of the song from where I just stopped recording the current section. I know for a fact I didn't accidently go into the edit section and chose to delete bars. I didn't do any punch in recording or anything too crazy. Just recording a bar, then back up and start for the next bar. It did the same thing about a month ago and I lost half of the song but luckily I had already recorded the tracks to the DAW.

Anyone ever have this happen or know what might cause it? I do have 115 songs with lots of samples but it's all loaded and stored on the card. Nothing is stored internally. My RAM is upgraded to the max (512mb I think it was). It never did this before in the last 2 years I've used it. Hope it holds together 'till the end of the year when I plan to sell it.
Leo Castro

Re: Sequencer deleting other tracks while recording new trac

Post by Leo Castro »

It never happened to me.
craigsfrost

Post by craigsfrost »

Leo Castro wrote:It never happened to me.
Thanks, it might just be something to do with me pushing buttons too fast. I know this synth inside and out and just fly through my songs in a very haphazard way. Record a few bars, screw up, hit undo, rewind back and start again. I never use punch-in. Sometimes I end up back at the beginning because I hit stop and rewind so fast it thought I was pressing them together. So maybe the OS is glitching from me going too fast. I have sometimes noticed while in record that the other tracks aren't showing up until I stop. Sometimes they show and sometimes not. I'm really done with this thing. Already stopped doing internal mixdowns because sometimes there were little ticks in the recording. Now I play out to Garageband one track at a time. Which reminds me of another bug I've discovered. Sometimes, if I change the tempo because I'm trying to play a really fast part that I'm not good with yet into the sequencer and then put the tempo back it might not line up with tracks I've already laid out to the DAW. It will drift just slightly. I thought maybe it was the tempo track changing somewhere in the song but it shows no additional information. There have been times where I get so mad and end up having to cut my new track every few bars and slide it to sync it back up by hand. Can't wait to get a MODX8 and send 10 tracks all at the same time.
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

2006 is and old technology now, it's normal. Try to take a good photography with a 2006 celullar phone!
Go for that Yamaha!