Is this a possible solution for LCD Juno G screen??

Forum for JUNO-G
dennis elbow

Re: Is this a possible solution for LCD Juno G screen??

Post by dennis elbow »

@bustskunk my package has arrived,just one question,you say to remove the small pcb connecter female to female which connected the old screen,but does the ribbon cable you supplied reach the main assembly board if i don't connect to the original pcb connecter.
cheers.
BustSkunk

Post by BustSkunk »

@dennis elbow
Hi, yes, the supplied ribbon should be long enough. You can use the PCB if you want, but that means using one of the old ribbons, and they are old. They tend to brittle with age.

It would be useful for me if you could post a brutally honest review with some pictures. If I need to improve I will. It's a lot to ask I know. If you get time and you're up for it, I'd appreciate it. But please don't feel you have to.
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

@bustskunk

installed and works perfect i cut the old pcb and removed it,i don't know why but my messed up brain thought the connection port was further away than it was,so the cable fit sweet, what a doughnut lol.
i'd be happy to do a review for you mate no probs,iv'e already taken some before and after pics,packaging and what not.
let me know where you wan't me to do the review,and is it possible to upload the pics to go with the review. i'm chuffed to bits mate.by the way that was my brother account,im dennis elbow on here though.
thanks again.:)
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

i would like to thank.
dpeddi for your work on this project which has enabled a solution to give remedy to owners of the juno g,which has had display issues for many people for a long time.
thank you so much.and anyone else i may have missed,thank you all.
my deepest gratitude.
BustSkunk

Post by BustSkunk »

@dennis elbow
I'm glad your Juno-G is fully operational again!
I guess this forum is as good a place for any to post a review. Either in this thread or a new topic, entirely up to you. Cheers!
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

@Bustskunk

I have done the review on a new thread,i have not done a review before so i hope it is ok.
thanks again.
colorblind

Post by colorblind »

Hey there, I really like it and believe this is genius work! :-)
Please allow me one question: Why didn't you choose a larger LCD?
BustSkunk

Post by BustSkunk »

It's the biggest that would fit in the Juno G's window that still has a simple open protocol.
Dpeddi did a good job with the LCD choice. I was looking at a European display at about €40 - and that's just the display. so £10-ish delivered from China is a bargain!
muzior

Post by muzior »

Mike, I am already waiting for my ordered LCD from you :) It is a fact that it would be useful to have a wider screen for Juno G. However, I am happy that my instrument will come to life soon. The LCD size will take some getting used to :)

Best Regards
Piotr
BustSkunk

Post by BustSkunk »

Piotr,
Your screen is one of five boxed and waiting collection today. There were seven orders in the queue ahead of you, they shipped yesterday.

...And I'm that means I'm sold out. Again.

To Everyone Else,
Piotr has bought his display so this doesn't apply to him.

I'd love to have a queueing system of some sort, but the website doesn't support it. As soon as I load stock it's available for everyone to see and buy, no matter how long they've been waiting to get hold of a display. It's not fair, but I can't change it.

There's a "Stock Notification Request" form on the "Buy" page of the website. If you fill in the form with your email address, I will email you 24 hours before I make stock available and let you know the exact time that stock will become available. You have no comittment to buy, but if you want to buy you will know exactly when to log on and grab a display.

It's not a perfect system, but within the limitations of what the webstore software can do, this is the fairest I can think of.

Best regards,
Mike at JunoG LCD
https://junoglcd.my-online.store/
colorblind

Post by colorblind »

Just got this via email:
https://instrumentalparts.com/roland-ju ... w-version/

Kinda expensive but the format seems to fit. No pictures of the display in action though!
djalien

Post by djalien »

Hello, I'm tempted to order... Are the displays available?

BustSkunk wrote: 11:05, 25 May 2023 Piotr,
Your screen is one of five boxed and waiting collection today. There were seven orders in the queue ahead of you, they shipped yesterday.

...And I'm that means I'm sold out. Again.

To Everyone Else,
Piotr has bought his display so this doesn't apply to him.

I'd love to have a queueing system of some sort, but the website doesn't support it. As soon as I load stock it's available for everyone to see and buy, no matter how long they've been waiting to get hold of a display. It's not fair, but I can't change it.

There's a "Stock Notification Request" form on the "Buy" page of the website. If you fill in the form with your email address, I will email you 24 hours before I make stock available and let you know the exact time that stock will become available. You have no comittment to buy, but if you want to buy you will know exactly when to log on and grab a display.

It's not a perfect system, but within the limitations of what the webstore software can do, this is the fairest I can think of.

Best regards,
Mike at JunoG LCD
https://junoglcd.my-online.store/
BustSkunk

Post by BustSkunk »

djalien wrote: 15:38, 11 September 2023 Hello, I'm tempted to order... Are the displays available?
Hello DJ Alien,
Yes, screens are available to purchase. Just follow this link to my webstore: https://junoglcd.my-online.store/
Regards,
Mike @ JunoG LCD a.k.a. BustSkunk.