LCD display only showing horizontal line - Not sure if the problem is the display or connection

Forum for JUNO-G
CalicoSkies

LCD display only showing horizontal line - Not sure if the problem is the display or connection

Post by CalicoSkies »

I have a Juno-G that has worked fine until recently. I hadn't turned it on in months (it had just been sitting in a room), and when I turned it on last week, the display was only showing a horizontal line toward the bottom, as in the photo below. The display has always looked good and there was never any issue with the information shown on the display before this - so I'm not sure if the problem is with the display or perhaps with a connection to the display.

Also, I think I had installed the 2.01 firmware years ago (I've heard the 2.01 firmware only works with the V2 display, though I didn't know that at the time), so I'm wondering if mine may have already had a V2 display.

Could this problem actually be the display, or might it be something else? It seems it's impossible to find a replacement Juno-G LCD right now, which is unfortunate.

Leo Castro

Re: LCD display only showing horizontal line - Not sure if the problem is the display or connection

Post by Leo Castro »

2.01 firmware only works with the new display. Simple.
No Roland Juno G left the factory with a new screen installed. You should know if it was you who installed version 2.01 of the firmware. If your Juno G has the old screen, installing the new firmware would stop the screen working. For that reason, they only give the firmware to whoever buys the new screen and has the basic skills to not make the problem worse.
You can try to install the 2.00 firmware to check if it comes alive.