Juno-D compared with RS-50

Forum for JUNO-G
agpxv

Juno-D compared with RS-50

Post by agpxv »

Hello everyone, I am just seeking opinions and advice on behalf of a friend who plans to purchase either the Juno-D or the RS-50 in the next couple of months. We are both trying to figure out what the best way to go is, in terms of value for money and overall quality and capability.
I noticed that the Juno-D had superior keyboard action and feel, which is on top of the list of priorities for him. I would greatly appreciate some feedback from anyone who is familiar with either or both of these keyboards. What does each have going for it over the other, for example in terms of the onboard sounds. I am familiar with Juno sounds and think their great, but what kind of sounds does the RS have. If I understand correctly it has more than just synthesizer sounds, such as pianos, organs and so on that are not GM2 sounds ?
The interesting thing is that both these keyboards are identical bodies, just with a different colour and logo. The similarity seems to also extend to the functions included in the unit.

Thanks, Andrew.