How are moderators elected?

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
trix

Re: How are moderators elected?

Post by trix »

This thread should be made a sticky (with all the unnecessary bits taken out-it shows how hard art and the mods work to run this forum. and to be totally honest, I do not think some people fully understand this...
I think this thread should make all the new joiners to this community understand fully the concept that goes on around here and HOW exactly this place is maintained...
Because for me (and I'm sure for majority of others will agree) this forum is on another level from all the other forums...

thanks

Trix
Still Learning

Post by Still Learning »

+1 from Still Learnimng!

---------------------------
When most people go to work they work. When musicians go to work they play. Which do you prefer?
Still Learning

Post by Still Learning »

and +2 from Still Learning!

When most people go to work they work. When musicians go to work they play. Which do you prefer?
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

Oh and once again i tip my hat to the diplomatic juganaught that is Bassman..........

Seriously, there are plenty of forums i visit that would have errupted into a troll baiting frenzy with this thread.
trix

Post by trix »

hey still learning,
are you approving of my idea?

If so thanks!!!
Still Learning

Post by Still Learning »

Hi trix, yes, "+1" is a form of Internet shorthand for Great Idea!

trix

Post by trix »

yea thought so SL

thanks !!!

now for the mods....
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Now is sticky ;-)
trix

Nice One!

Post by trix »

Now everyone can enjoy the tales of the valiant admin and his band of moderators of the Roland Clan!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

"Valiant" sounds too close to "violent" as to me... But I don't mind mwu-ha-ha-ha-ha! ;-)
comradec

Post by comradec »

Artemiy: "Think of me as a president and mods are ministers. In most countries president selects ministers himself. These are people he trusts completely, and he is comfortable to work with them. Same here, and it is not even democracy, it's pretty much communism my friend! Why? Because everything is free - posts, downloads, services, without any limitations to anyone. And yes, no ads. Go find that anywhere else. "

With a forum name like 'comradec', you'd expect me to comment here.

I think there's a bit more to communism than simply offering freebies. Genuine communism, something that was never actually tried in eastern Europe and the other former Stalinist states, would involve democratic accountability of the forum moderators.

That said, I've no objection to the way things appear to be run here. Forums like this can be set up by anyone, but it takes time and effort to make them work, especially one that has lasted the course of time rather than disappear into the ether or degenerate into spam havens as so many Yahoo groups do (why can't they automatically delete dead lists there?).

The democratic element is there in the sense that the Roland user community will naturally congregate in the on-line forums that they like and trust, and we're all free to migrate to or set up alternatives if we want to. If anyone thinks they can do a better job, they can always start their own forum. Then they might find how difficult it actually is.

So respect to Artemiy the founder and to the other mods.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

democratic accountability of the forum moderators
Not sure what you mean here... Do you mean that moderators must be elected by the public?

For your other comments - thank you very much! ;-)