Something new to check out

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
mucsusn

Something new to check out

Post by mucsusn »

Phil B

Re: Something new to check out

Post by Phil B »

Looks very cool - a friend of mine was very into Crusher-X, this guy's last software project.
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Phil..........what's up with you? How's the Midtown attorney's life?

Hope life is musical........
pianodick

Post by pianodick »

Has anyone tried this yet? Does it work like ResRocket? Are the connection speeds compatible with dial-up? Are there charges involved?

"Music is simply an adult way to indulge the child within"©Pianodick
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

"Phil..........what's up with you? How's the Midtown attorney's life?"

Well, it's 1am and I'm still at work, knowing I have a conference call scheduled for 8:30am, and I ain't leaving anytime soon.

Life is definitely not musical right now, which really sucks because I need to do some recording. I was hooked up with a guy who places songs in TV and film and he wants to place two of my songs, but he only heard a demo so I have to make some good recordings. Unfortunately, work is and will be hell for another month or so.

But, enough about that! How are you doing, mucs-usn?
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Things are crazy in my world.......at home we call it OBL (overcome by life), but that is a good thing. My wife is in her final hard semester of music ed at our local university (one more pud semester next fall, a Senior Recital, and student teaching), and her life has just been nuts. She won the concerto competition this spring and played a solo with the Symphony, plus is gigging her ass off and preparing for a recital this Sunday. 4 students and 4 faculty members are performing Mendellsohn's Octet for Strings, which is a marvelous piece scored for double string quartet that he wrote when he was 16 years old. Just unfathomable to me. I've got tons of gigs, plus am accompanying 3 Senior Recitals this Spring (French Horn, Alto Sax and Clarinet) with about 18 pieces to learn, and I'm the rehearsal pianist/pit keyboardist for a production of Godspell coming up at the end of May. About 40 hours plus 2 performances, but the MD is paying me scale, and I'll get to use my S88 and JV90 next to a 7 foot Kawai. All that plus wedding gigs every weekend and working part time during the week makes for a crazy life that we are enjoying to the 9's.

We try to get to NYC every Spring to see a show, but it's been two years this time............what's the buzz on what's good right now?
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Holy S#it!!! You are busy, my friend. Sounds like you've quite a musical household over there.

I assume you mean Broadway shows ...

I really liked the Producers and Hairspray, and Wicked is the hot show right now, but I haven't seen it.