deleted threads?

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
SH1000

deleted threads?

Post by SH1000 »

It seems to me that some threads have disappeared, are they?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: deleted threads?

Post by Artemiy »

No, they were moved to Community Talk or Free Zone.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Yes, naturally: It was not enough to lock the original update thread. The protest against it at the place where it happened must have "yelled" again in someones ears. Hide all critical traces from the G forum to keep it a sober whitewashed fanbase... Nice. ;-)

You "moderators" certainly already have a newspeak formula prepared to tell us it was a harmless clean choice. :-)))
L56

Post by L56 »

Get over it already Jim....
C-Sharp

Post by C-Sharp »

The problem with written messages is that it's hard to know if the message is ironic or sarcastic in some way, especially when people use signs like the ones you used in you post, Jim (colons, brackets, etc). One can easily assume that everyone who reads it will understand the irony, but very often one is misunderstood. This has happened many times in this forum, certainly during the passed few days!

When I read your post, I can't determine if you are serious or not, because you use these signs a couple of times.

I visit this forum several times a day and today has been a good day. Loads of tips and interesting questions, some of which I have made good use. I'm just afraid that comments like the ones you just posted will make people, especially the moderators, sad and annoyed again. That would be a shame.

However, if you were trying to be funny, then I'll rest my case. I may not think that you succeeded very well in being so, but there you go.

Peace.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Jim, I thought you're here for long enough to know that we keep technical and non-technical discussions in separate sections, which makes this forum much easier to read to anyone (and not just you or me).

Technical discussions go to "Fantom-G", music made on Fantom-G goes to "Roland-powered music" and general talks about forum, moderators and issues are in "Community Talk" - that's how it's been for many years. We keep the house clean and tidy, which results in level of comfort never seen on other forums ™®
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

(Head Slap) LOL........I’m going to go see who I can help. LOL.
SH1000

Post by SH1000 »

@moderators
In this way these Fantom G-discussions will become a cockroach-problem. Just when you think that you have killed it, 10 new ones will appear somewhere.

Wouldn't it be better to centralize all the "technical whining, complaining ..." in one thread - the Fantom G - where it belongs and sticky.

In this way the forum stays clean and members won't have the feeling problems are hided. New members will have the possibillity to read about i.e. OS-discussions. But the complete forum will not be overwhelmed by it
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

@Art

And there it is, fast as I supposed ... :-)

And all that could be still missing now is perhaps a lullaby-mp3, played on a Fantom G, and followed by some technical smalltalk about chord memory. :-)

Don't worry, I know by now what can be expected from this forum and what is more or less absent from it ;-)
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

SH1000. I like that idea...

OS thread. That would be an awesome way to put in our thoughts and complaints about the OS.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

SH1000
Discussions about the Fantom G are NOT a problem. Unfortunately that's not what has been happening lately. Any atempt to centralise any kind of serious discussion about bugs or problems have failed so far. And no one can blame the moderators for it (not that you're doing so here).

There are no "deleted" threads like Artemiy has explained already. You can check it yourself.

The purpose of this thread is ended and is, like so many others, starting to change to the same old subject. I'm locking it. And please don't start saying this is anti-democratic.