leaving because of censure :(

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
SH1000

leaving because of censure :(

Post by SH1000 »

I will leave this site & forum for a while out of protest.
Fantom G review motif XS Korg M3 OS complaint problems opinion qwerty

1. I'm a big Roland fan have and had lots of Roland gear.
2. I was not satisfied with my Fantom G so I sold it after one month.
3a. I expect to buy the next generation Fantom (at least I'm hoping on it)
3b. I did not whine here and wasn't negative
4. I strongly protest against moving and locking threads showing critics to Roland and the Fantom G
5. This is a great site with lots of good information and good discussions. Unfortunately I feel now it is not objective but sensored. I don't know the reason for it but I really don't like it and it doesn't fit in my Dutch free culture

bye bye
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: leaving because of censure :(

Post by Artemiy »

1. Very good.

2. Good and wise decision.

3. Good and wise decision, too, in this case.

3. Shouldn't this be 4?

4. Well, seems like you did not understand why they were moved or locked at all... These discussions have all crossed a certain line and lost their point. In other words, it was more than enough to talk about the very same thing in the very same way over and over again. No topic or even a single message was deleted - please do note this!

5. It is hard to be objective on a topic that is very subjective. You got confused a bit, but I hope you'll return and appreciate the fact that thanks to our team's efforts the forum is still going in the very same positive direction when I started it back in 2003.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

SH1000
I'm sorry if you took this decision after I locked your thread about "deleted threads". But if you pay a litle more attention you'll see that those threads ended having nothing to do with criticism towards the G. And only ONE was locked. You still have plenty of those on the forum. So I don't agree when you say that there is sensure. If that was the case the threads would have been deleted.
I'm always sorry when a member decides to leave although we do our best to keep everybody happy. But "free culture", "free speech", "democracy" are vain words when the people who "shout" for them are, themselves, unable to accept the "freedom" of others. In this case, I think members should accept what the moderators and specially Artemiy find best suited for the Forums. I don't expect for everybody to agree but I hope everybody understand our arguements. Just like I don't agree with yours but respect your decision and hope you come back soon.

Take care :-)
da-man

Post by da-man »

No results found for sensure (in dictionary)
Did you mean censure ?
KRE8A

Censure

Post by KRE8A »

SH1000 expresses disapproval - (censure)
da-man

Post by da-man »

-he's gone back and fixed it from an s to a c.... except in point 5. he says sensored.

At least he was close to spelling it correctly. I'm not sure how he would go on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"

So he hasn't left yet....He's fixing up his spelling. I wonder if he will fix point 5. sensored should be censored
SH1000

Post by SH1000 »

@da-man

I'm not sure how he would go on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"

Such an "nice" reply

What are you trying to say? In your profile you say you're christian for 18 years. Think about that in relation to this.

But you are right, I misspelled the word and probably many others. My Dutch is actually very good but my English, French en German are not, I'm sorry. That doesn't make me stupid, and you should know that as a teacher.

So, in answer to your question "are you smarter than a fifth grader"? I wonder how you would do against a Dutch fifth grader...

I disagreed with V-CeeOh's locking action but you could learn a lot from his reply.