Sound clip source

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
Savvy Simon

Sound clip source

Post by Savvy Simon »

I couldn't find a particular forum section that might best suit my question. Hopefully, this general forum will suffice.

I have a Roland Fantom X6 and have been learning a bunch of Supertramp songs. My question involves the unique sound effect clips that can be found here and there in the various Supertramp songs. Sounds like the children screaming in the playground on 'School' or the footsteps and car horn on the introduction to 'Easy Does It'. There are sound clips like this on a lot of Pink Floyd songs as well, like the sound of 'worms eating into his brain', or the alarm clocks on the classic 'Dark Side of the Moon' album, or helicopters, etc, etc.

I would really appreciate any advice on where I can go to download some of these clips that I could then sample with my Fantom and use for live performances. Or perhaps where I might go for help on how to recreate some of these special effect sound clips.

Thanks for your time.

Michael,
piaknowguy

Re: Sound clip source

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Michael!

I have found that www.shockwave-sound.com distibutes some very high quality samples at a reasonable price.

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy
Watch - Some Guitar Shredding Done entirely on the X8!

PiaKnow
Savvy Simon

Re: Sound clip source

Post by Savvy Simon »

thanks for the link. I checked it out. There is a mega bunch of sound clips in there for sure. I'm looking for the very specific sound effects that are on some of those classic 70's songs. I was hoping there might be a source of these particular sound clips. What do Pink Floyd cover bands do? Maybe they sample the original recording and try to filter out everything except the 'special effect' sound or maybe they do the best they can and try to recreate it from scratch or with the generic sound clips that are available. Any ideas? Thanks again piaknowguy.