What's going on here Art?

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
madAhorn

What's going on here Art?

Post by madAhorn »

What are you doing to your site?

So far, I like the Roland Clan Banner...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: What's going on here Art?

Post by Artemiy »

Well, the old banner stated we're 5 years old, but we're almost 6 now ;-) I needed a replacement, and took the one from our upcoming design.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Cool...So very professional!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks! The whole new site will look much better than this single banner, of course.
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

Surely the new banner was a pleasant suprise for me when I first saw it from my computer browser, but I can't see it from my mobile phone's browser. Art, I don't know what you did about the coding of the site, but I definately liked the previous one. The mini-map option in my Opera Mini doesn't work any more, plus there are some pages that appear with missing portions. For example, the donation page in the main site lacks three or four columns on the left, therefore I can't see all of the page. Plus, I wish I still had the option whether to load images on my mobile phone browser or not. I can't see any images or attachments in any of the threads. I see only url links and I have to click on them to see the images.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

The mini-map option in my Opera Mini doesn't work any more, plus there are some pages that appear with missing portions.
Actually, what I did to the forum is just change that image in the top left corner... So I have no clue :-/
For example, the donation page in the main site lacks three or four colounms on the left
Might be a text positioning problem in your browser. I checked with Opera on my Mac and all looks fine, as is with the old and incompetent IE 6.0.
Plus, I wish I still had the option whether to load images on my mobile phone browser or not. I can't see any images or attachments in any of the threads.
I added Nokia mobile browser as a keyword for mobile forum mode, which simplifies the top navigation bar and disables automatic showing of images to save mobile phone traffic use. We need to think how to make this more flexible, possibly by making scaled-down images for phones.
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

Don't make me wrong, Art, I still like the site a lot. After all, these are only superficial matters. The main point is to be able to share our throughts, ideas etc through this forum. And this part is done as it should. :-)