Can we all just get along...?!

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

First, that comment comes from an old media clip, showing Rodney King in Los Angeles after the L.A. Riots of the early 1990s. Now, I know that what is happening on this forum is nothing like that. As usual, I'm employing hyperbole to make a point.

The point is that this forum is perhaps the best-on-the-web in terms of the good stuff / crud ratio. For each meaningless ranting post, there are at least 500 great posts that are informative and useful.

I don't know what else to write. I like this forum, and I hope that we can all resolve our differences and stop arguing or being nasty to one another. Thanks.

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Can we all just get along...?!

Post by Artemiy »

Do not worry, Sammy, the forum will stay the same. You, like no one else, know how it all started, and you were here at the very beginning. And it's like my six-year-old child, I will not let anyone hurt it.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Yeah, it’s been more than enough.

If someone has a kind nature (Art) that does not mean you should take advantage of it. No one can take this craziness for to long.

I’m going to miss some of you guys when you’re gone.

Some of you sure have put a lot of time in here to lose your good name and reputation. And I think the future holds some great things for this site and you guys should be some of the first to take part in it.

Is what you're fighting about really worth losing your name? Think about it, Roland will move on to the next workstation soon.

At that point your only accomplishment here will be the loss of your name, rep and perhaps some friends.

Art has given the final word.

Art, I encourage you to stick to it, if you don’t, Some people will just take and take until you have nothing left. It’s ok, someone is always waiting to rise up and help, they just don‘t because someone else is doing it.
Don’t be afraid to lose anyone, no one is irreplaceable, as long as you remain a kind and good person someone well always help you.

I think you guys are Awesome!!! :-)

But lately some of you have done more to hurt the forum rather than help it. Just try to remember that.

1.You really love helping.

2. You are good at it.

3. Art appreciates it (it’s just hard to say when you keep driving him crazy :-).

4. Roland appreciates it (but they are at war (Yamaha, etc) and can not tell you what you want to know).

5. The members know and appreciate you.

I think everyone had enough time to vent, let it go.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Artemiy:

Oh, I'm not too worried. You are a capable person, and I imagine that you'll get a grip on this, if you haven't already. The guy who demoed the Fantom G at Messe last year is still one of the coolest Ukrainians around... where IS that guy anyway...?!

:)

- Sammy
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

No worries, Sammy! I've been watchin' his back!

sRa
SammyJames

I get it now...

Post by SammyJames »

Okay. Now I understand what has been going on. I can be seriously clueless sometimes, plus I don't frequent this forum enough to be up on the latest news always.

If people really are abusing their privilges here, then they should be stopped. I'm really happy that Artemiy has taken the stance that he has. I have left other forums in the past because the moderating there was atrocious.

I do appreciate very much that moderators here take things so seriously. We should all be able to laugh about things and blow off some steam, but the best way to do that is to do it on Free Zone. Posting something 12 times to different forums and threads is freakin' wrong, and I'm happy to learn that you guys are taking steps to eliminate it.

In other words, you have my support and my blessing, for what it's worth.

- Sammy
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Yeah if people can respect every others point of view, even if it isn't in sync with their own... :D
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I can live with that. :)
Chuck SL

Post by Chuck SL »

Hi, just a quick question since you're there. I see the picture posted there and I've been trying to figure out,

How are they getting the picture of the Fantom-G's screen on the big screen. I tried to do it but failed.

I was thinking a projector zoomed in from up top but that doesnt seem likely......
howardS

Post by howardS »

Chuck, the Roland reps have a special copy of the firmware that allows for the display screen to appear on the computer. Unfortunately, that feature is disabled in the user firmware.
Chuck SL

Post by Chuck SL »

Oh okay.....Figures.

:)

That would be cool to have....

Its all good