Redesigned Roland Clan on the way

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
EX

Re: Redesigned Roland Clan on the way

Post by EX »

maybe little bug : when I logged and click Forums link on header, that system logoff me...
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

Yeah, noticed that too myself.
It happens only when you are already in the forums and re-hit the "Forums" button. If you are on any other page of the site and hit "Forums", your account doesn't log off. ;-)

Anyway, there is no need to hit that button to go to the global Forum page. You can always hit the "Roland Clan Forums" link on the forum path.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

cyclops:

Glad you like the new look! As of quoting options, sorry but automatic quoting inevitably leads to posts that consists of quotes almost entirely. "Overquoting" they call it, I think.

EX:

This is not a bug. The thing is we now have two domains, rolandclan.com and rolandclan.info, and it may happen that you are switched from one into another, and login cookies are not shared between them.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Awesome Art!

The new site looks great, runs really fast and I love the new library!

Thanks for all the work Art!!! :-)
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

Has anyone noticed resolution/quality issues with their web browser when browsing the new Roland Clan forum site????

I had logged in from my mobile phone earlier on and had no problems at all. In my mobile phone's screen everything looks as if it was written in bold, that's why I see everything just fine. But now that I'm writing this post from my computer, there is a serious problem with the quality of the characters I write.

Here is what I see:

This screenshot is from whithin Firefox 3. Pretty much the same thing is happening with Internet Explorer too. My OS is Windows XP, which I use with my desktop computer. I didn't have the chance to check this with my Vista laptop PC.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Everything looks fine on my end cyclops (same as always).

Cool, new image thumb nail links!
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

@cyclops - It looks like your font is rendering badly. Maybe a font smoothing thing? Maybe you could check to make sure you have lucida sans and/or lucida fonts installed. It could be FF is substituting them for MS Sans or something else, but that doesn't exactly explain why the aliasing is off.

@Artemiy - Looks nice mate. Like the new video embedding too. Any way to make the author field in posts less than 25%? I think maybe 100% table and fixed cell width in that column should be compatible. :D
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

On my work computer (IE 6.0) it looks great. At my home (IE 8.0) it is pretty small font which looks blurry...
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

With Firefox I can easily make the font larger without messing with the window size. With IE 8.0 the entire window changes so far...It might be a IE setting issue...

I will use Firefox for now myself...

Looks awesome Art! Keep up the good work...This font thing should not be to hard to figure out.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Wierd...the font is not too bad when viewing a post as compared to typing a response....when I am typing now it seems blurry, but when I go to read a post it is pretty crisp even though it is small.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Cyclops,
I use Safari and Google Chrome and eveything looks perfect on my side too.

The only problem I got, was when using my Nokia N95. Now the site's image is not adapted to the Nokia's display any more.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

MadaHorn, I’m using IE8 and I have Firefox and the text looks the same on both. IE8 has a clear type setting under tools>> internet options>> advanced, maybe try turning it off.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Guys, I will look into the fonts and colors very soon. I will try to make everything more contrasting. And I think there should be a font size preferences option in the profile.
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

I have just logged in from within my Vista laptop. Everything looks perfect in Firefox 3 and IE8. Maybe the problem lies in the way my fonts are set up in my WinXP Firefox 3.

A thing I'd like back is the various codes on the right on the screen when typing a new post. I don't see them any more.

Curiously, in my Opera Mobile Mini 4.2 that I use with my mobile phone (Nokia N82) and the browsers I use with my Vista laptop (Firefox 3 & IE8), everything looks perfect, but it seems like everything is in bold.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

cyclops:
A thing I'd like back is the various codes on the right on the screen when typing a new post.
I will think about it, it's just that they're not really needed as most things will be done automatically from now on (YouTube embedding, and soon also URL recognition). Those who know BBCode, know that it's supported, or I'll just add a short notice somewhere.
everything looks perfect, but it seems like everything is in bold.
Well, it depends on how your system renders the "lucida" font that I have chosen instead of the old "verdana". We need to optimize this a bit, perhaps. I need to check with some Windows systems myself.