Here it is, the all-new Roland Clan

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
Artemiy
Site Admin

Here it is, the all-new Roland Clan

Post by Artemiy »

Hello everyone,

I am very proud to present you the all-new version of the Roland clan website. Our worldwide Roland users community was founded in 2003 in order to let all people around the world access lots of information from a single place and freely communicate with each other in a very friendly atmosphere. With over a year of development, the new site takes all of these great things to another level, packing lots of cool features into a very elegant design.

**Library**

The core of the new site is the "library", which replaces the multiple gear information and downloads sections we had previously. It is incredibly cleanly laid out, with quick access to patches, samples, tutorials and important links all from one single page.

But the best part of the library is the "gear finder" which allows you to search for Roland instruments that have the exact features you need. Much like you'd ask a salesperson in a music store, tell the gear finder what you wish to have - say, a tabletop device which has a sampler, effects and a pattern sequencer - and you get a selection of models that have them. It works brilliantly well and will save tons of time for musicians that have a tough time choosing the right gear.

**Store**

This new section is made to ease the procedure of finding third-party products for Roland instruments. Things like books, video manuals, sound libraries as well as memory expansions and storage devices are now associated with each model and point directly to related information on the manufacturers' websites. Now you'll easily find out how to max out your possibilities.

**Mobility**

There is also good news for those who have an iPhone or iPod touch. When you visit the Roland clan, it automatically serves you a compact site version specifically optimized for Apple's mobile platform.

**Forum improvements**

Up until today, the Roland clan forums were detached from the main website. But now, in addition to a mild facelift and simplified menus, the forums become integrated with the rest of the site sections for much easier navigation. Maximum attachment size has also been increased to 10 megabytes, which allows members to post music and sound demos in higher quality.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the new Roland Clan!

Artemiy.

P.S. Some notes:

- Not all old pages correctly redirect to the respective new ones, we will fix this soon
- Not all gear pages have yet been ported to the new site.
- The home pages features a "Roland Clan 2.0" banner, but this will be replaced by a news section very soon.
- The forum is currently in "intermediate redesign" stage, so it may not look perfect. There will be many important changes and improvements here.
- Yes, I haven't slept much in the past two months.
V-CeeOh

Re: Here it is, the all-new Roland Clan

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi Artemiy,
The new site looks great.
Just to let you know, I haven't been able to open it with Firefox. I get :

Warning: include(../home.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/web/e13926/html/rolandclan/en/index.php on line 8

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../home.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /data/web/e13926/html/rolandclan/en/index.php on line 8
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks, V-CeeOh!

This may be happening with the old pages that should redirect to the new ones. Will fix that!
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Congrats, Artemiy!!

Looks Awesome!! =)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks, piaknow!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Oh yes, and don't overestimate your power with those stars under moderator names! They look cool, though, don't they? ;-)
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Stars? . . . I don't see any stars! I want stars!! ;-)
DJFLEX-mk2

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

Congratulations on what is obviously a lot of hard work - very nice, mate.

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Just added beta support for embedded YouTube videos. All you need is to post the YouTube link (without the "url" or any other tags), and we'll do the rest ;-)

Check this out, for example:
?action=show_thread&thread=30100&fid=15&page=1
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Artemiy,
Very nice design!!! looks even cleaner than the previous version.

The Library linked with the Forum is a very good idea and the gear highlight and seach engine are very easy to read, very useful and funny to play with.

In 3 words: **I like it :-)**

P.S: the only thing that I miss is that now it doesn't adapt to my Nokia N95's screen any more. I do need to scroll left and right all the time... :-(
Maybe it's time for me o get an iPhone ;-)

Good work Art
Take care
PauloF
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Art, that youtube thing (embedded video) is extremely awesome!!!

Very useful indeed, thanks!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hey, I only noticed this today (after checking the newsletter) - we are now in .COM
The error I mentioned above appeared with the .INFO site. So I just updated my bookmark and Firefox is reading fine now.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

V-CeeOh, maybe you got the error during the time when I was finishing the upload works, or maybe something was cached. And the site physically is the same on both .com and .info domains, so it should work the same. Although not all of the old pages redirect correctly to the new ones.
CJoy

Post by CJoy »

Hi Art,

Thanks for all your work on the Clan and Forum.

If you are planning any further updates to the Forum I have a suggestion - not sure if it is possible, but here goes:

View first new post in a thread

Thanks again!
Chris