Forum 2.0 does not adjust to screen size

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
Quinnx.

Forum 2.0 does not adjust to screen size

Post by Quinnx. »

I have noticed that since v2 all pages are wider than the screen and do not auto rap as before..
is there some flag you need to set to get this to happen?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Forum 2.0 does not adjust to screen size

Post by Artemiy »

First of all, moved it from Fantom-G to Community Talk (shame on you, Quinnx! ;-)).

As of the forum page, yes, it now has fixed size to better match the new top design, and to make text more readable (reading very long lines is very hard). In future, attached images will also be sized to the page, so do not worry about this.

However, you say that "all pages are wider than the screen". Do you have a 800x600 monitor? This site requires 1024x768 at least.
dbijoux

Re: Forum 2.0 does not adjust to screen size

Post by dbijoux »

I run my monitors at high resolution, but preferably keep my browser much smaller since I use my desktop a lot and layer other windows constantly.

I believe a maybe more flexible solution would be to stretch the .content variably and fix the width of necessary containers underneath (ie: .cellLeft, .cellRight, td.message_box_upper_left) so they don't line break.

It seems like you designed the .top space so it could shrink back to 850px and still look good.