Logged out?

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
dbijoux

Logged out?

Post by dbijoux »

Just wondering if anyone else is getting logged out. I don't usually select the keep me logged in, but never had a problem before.

Maybe it was something I said ;D

or just the cookie timing out? Artemiy let the monkeys out of their cage again?

Also noticing strangeness with unread posts being marked read and then coming back as new(highlighted).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Logged out?

Post by Artemiy »

You're likely following links and switching between forums.rolandclan.com and forums.rolandclan.info without noticing it.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

I used to have the .info bookmarked, but after that was down the other day, I switched it to .com.

It's strange as it seems to logoff unpredictably, it just started happening today. Maybe there will be some other people with same problem. I should probably reboot and see if that helps ;)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You may follow a link to .info posted by another member and that will do it. I will think about making .info permanently redirect to .com.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

It seems to be working fine again. I think my browser was dumping the cookies for some reason; maybe because it was open all week.

Feel free to delete this, I should have tried restarting first.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

I'd like to add something in here as well guys, just slightly off the topic. The problem is Artemiy that when I have started a new topic or replied to someone and then click on the top header (Forums), I get transferred back to the main page as normal, but for no reason I automatically get logged out without me doing it, straight after I have to log back in over again. I realize that I can jump to the (jump to:) - box, but I like going back to the main page at times and I'm sure that there are others who like going about it that way also. Are you perhaps going to update this also? Sorry, I might be a little fussy; just wondering !
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

KRE8A, which browser are you using? Safari?
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Hi Artemiy !

No ` Just Firefox alone, hosting Google.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

On Mac or PC? In any case, I only send and receive cookies, the browser itself does the job of storing them and sending them to the server script when requested. For me it has worked for 7 years on all browsers from my sheep Nokia phone to iPod to IE to my Mac... and I haven't ever modified the login script.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

o 0 O Pop ]})

Just in case you missed my post. I think we were writing at the same time. So when I posted, you posted straight after me; with out realizing I posted as well. Meaning you missed my post which I had replied previously to your post. So therefore, because your name is on the main page next to 'Community Talk', you won't know if I replied.
I think I'm making sense.
It's getting late over here Arty ! I think I'll call it quits on my end for the night. My ( eye balls - @L@ ) are falling in the back of my head. It's time for bed` Good Night !