Jimknopf goodbye after being banned

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
cyclops

Jimknopf goodbye after being banned

Post by cyclops »

Topic: Jimknopf goodbye after being banned

Jimknopf has asked me to leave the following message to the clan members:
Hi clan members,
Since I regard it as impolite to leave a forum without goodbye after such a long time of contributing, but can't say goodbye directly due to being banned by Artemiy, I wish all of you the best this way. Keep on having fun in making music with the Fantom G or with whatever you play. If anybody wants to address me directly, you can do that at the uncensored Forum http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14182014602#!/gro... where Artemiy is allowed to speak out whatever he thinks, and makes good use of that. ;-) I also wish the moderators all the best, no matter how much we disagree.

Have a good time!

Cheers, Jimknopf

p.s.:
I won't say goodbye to Jim, because we share opinions everyday in the facebook group.
That said, I feel that the Clan will miss a true voice. It seems to me as if the Clan doesn't want voices of truth to be heard.
piaknowguy

Re: Jimknopf goodbye after being banned

Post by piaknowguy »

Sorry to see that you and Artemiy could not settle your differences, Dirk. You will be missed!

All the best!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Storm Chaser' if you wish.
PiaKnow
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

And this is what I wrote to Jim:
This has nothing to do with Fantom-G critics, how many times should I repeat? This is not censorship, so please STOP TALKING ABOUT CENSORSHIP. Banning someone because of flood/spam is censorship to you?

I repeat (and feel very stupid to repeat it 100th time):

- Criticizing Roland and their products, in a polite way, is allowed
- Flooding/spamming, even in polite way, is not allowed

And later on:
Jim, you know, with your posts, you only act like a mirror. You just repeat what I said, and invert it onto me so I can appear wrong. That is the only thing you're good at. But this behavior is very poor. You're just trying to invert the conversation, and all what you did in 1.5 years at the Clan is run away from questions (and accusations) directed at you.

I am sorry we got into this situation, but I just cannot allow anyone (except for SRA) to flood in every single thread he can.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Artemiy.

You have spent hundreds of hours building the Roland Clan Forum which has, over the years, guided many individuals in further understanding and appreciating their Roland product! I'm sure that I speak for all of the Moderators when I say that we fully support any action you deem necessary to encourage well-balanced participation by both the Administration and forum members!

Respectfully,
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Storm Chaser' if you wish.
PiaKnow
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

piaknowguy
I couldn't agree more.

Quote from the Facebook group.
It seems that the only thing the Clan needs is silly happy newbies telling all the time how great is the Fantom-G and how awesome Roland, the Clan and its founder and moderators are. Non-lobotomized users seem to be an extremely rare species in there. Trully sad.

cyclops
I can tell you what the Clan doesn't need: "silly experienced users" that seem to believe that they can change the Fantom OS and the Roland business just because they post the very same thing on a public forum. Is just as ridiculous as believing you change the World just because you recycle paper. I feel personally insulted when you cowardly use a "free" Facebook discussion group to call Roland Clan users "lobotomized users" because we understand to follow some rulers that the "so called" Facegroup group so proudly seem to live without. That's just the reason why I don't believe in THAT freedom. It's pure fantasy of you guys. And why adressing users here to that free group of yours? Do you think users here are under chains or under some sort of spell? No... wait ... you guys want to save the world... Mmmm, since I'm a moderator and feel insulted, should I act as a lobotomized dictator fanboy and just delete this thread to prevent you from doing it or should I let it go?

Look,I've been a fan of Roland (or fanboy if you wish) for more than 25 years (strangely my very first sinth was a Yamaha). But, just like I do with my friends and family, I try to know when, where and how to criticise in a constructive way without the need to go to newpapers about it. In fact, I might have criticised Roland more in the last 3 days in Frankfurt than you guys ever did here at the Clan. I'm not saying it to paternalise Roland. It's just a way of beeing.

It's not as if we are in opposite sites of a fight. Or as if any of us are owners of the truth. At the Clan we just do it in a different way- and please note I said "different" not "better". So accept it and you are all welcome at the Clan or leave it an go wherever you want.

Now, if you excuse me, I think WE all have better things to do.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

cyclops, so you basically use "free speech" on your Facebook group to insult the whole Fantom-G community here? This kind of behavior is mean and miserable. You've lost all my respect.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

@Cyclops,
I'm very sorry to say that:
The behavior described is not "freedom of speech" at all, but simple anarchy, which leads to nowhere, or better, leads to chaos !!!