Ads on Roland Clan!? Is the Clan struggling?

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
Zephyer

Ads on Roland Clan!? Is the Clan struggling?

Post by Zephyer »

Say it ain’t so Art? :-(

I know how much you dislike the idea of using Roland Clan to advertise so I think times may be a bit tougher than I initially thought? Also, it may be that due to many factors the Clan is having a harder time supporting it’s self.

You are a really modest guy Art, you give a lot and put-up with a lot. But, this place holds a lot of great memorizes for many of us so if the Clan is struggling then I humbly ask that you push modesty aside for the moment and let us know. :-)

zZound? It’s so…. red and yellow and it keeps changing! MY EYES!! IT.. BURNS! ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Ads on Roland Clan!? Is the Clan struggling?

Post by Artemiy »

Zephyer, so when you were seeing Sinevibes stuff instead of zZounds it wasn't annoying? ;-)
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

LOL!…touché my good man. And a nice parry as well :-D

But you own sinevibes, it’s part of Roland Clan (take that ;-).

I was just kidding with that last sentence on my last post. I don‘t find it annoying at all. I think it’s a good thing if it helps support the Clan and I’m all for it….

I just remember you not wanting to use Roland Clan to advertise in the past. I was just concerned and had the idea that maybe you felt it had to be done regardless of your feelings against it. But if you think it will help the Clan reach the next stage in development (I know you have big plans) sooner. Then I think it’s an excellent idea!

Again, I was not at all concerned with the ads, nor do I feel like I have a right to be cornered with the methods used to gain the income needed to help support Roland Clan. I was just concerned with your possible feelings against using ads.

I actually think the zZound ads make the Clan look quite distinguished.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, in general I do find ads annoying and uncomfortable, and I said multiple times that we won't have anything like that here. And I do step over myself in changing my direction, but this step is needed now because - yes - I do want to develop the Clan further, not just jump in once in a while to reply to posts, but improve the Library, introduce new forum features, new tutorials.

But in the recent few months I realized I spend 50% of my time for the Clan and having to take after my young kids, this turns to be into a too much of a hobby... I really do need to back up my work here at least a bit. So I'll be experimenting with some advertising here - but with something that is useful for our visitors.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Glad to hear about the new future developments Art!

It’s always good to experiment and try new things. And I am 100% sure that Roland Clan will only reach greater and greater levels of success.

Things can get difficult sometimes, it’s inevitable…We can not avoid it.

But it takes heavy weight to develop great strength. The difficulties in our life do not define us, they design us. They give us the opportunity to begin our journey and reach the success we dreamt possible.

So the Clan may struggle and it may fight, but only because it is determined to become what it always was from the very start. You see it’s end Art and soon time, endurance and great weight will revel Roland Clans perfect form for all to see.

Hang in there!

And nothings wrong with a little help along the way…Help all you can guys!

Thanks!