New Forum Section Suggestion

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
RobJuno

New Forum Section Suggestion

Post by RobJuno »

Hi All,

This is posted here due to my historic use of this site (owning a Juno), and becuase knowing this section gets chatty. But as you will realise, this post itself would be better placed in a forum category as per the suggestion of this very post! I suppose I should be emailing this suggestion directly to Art, but here it can be discussed...

I have often made posts that start like the paragraph above ("I'll post here, but this is a general post") offering opinions, thoughts or asking questions, that could apply equally across various models of synth.

Two ideas really...

1)
In some instances my posts more specificly related to expansion boards. So, firstly, would there be something to be said for having JV80-, SRX-, ARX-Expansion forum sections? That way, for SRXs for example, it doesn't matter whether a XV, Fantom X, Juno or Sonic Cell owner answers. The post might be seen by more people and answers should be relevant regardless of model.

2)
How about a section relevant to Roland's strategy/direction/output/history in general? My most immediate idea of a post that could fall within such a category is another new thread I will start after posting this... which will be 'Expansion boards - Pro or Con?' I would see this section as different from the 'all other roland gear' section that already exisits.

In both instances above, I would suggest they appear at the top of the list of forums, since they are all encompassing in nature.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: New Forum Section Suggestion

Post by Artemiy »

1) True, I have heard many requests for these sections. But first thing is, most of expansion-related posts that I have seen are being specific about what this or that expansion board can add to a particular instrument. Second is, we will eventually have posts on expansions in BOTH the model's forum AND the expansions forum - not something I'd like to see. And last but not least, we've had 1000's of posts on expansions in the dedicated forums and it's just too late to change, too many posts to move, and once again, don't want to have a cross-post mess to appear here.

2) We had such a forum for a while, didn't get more than a couple posts in a year... so we removed it.
yuriart10

Post by yuriart10 »

Spam post deleted
Capital Skill

Post by Capital Skill »

Hey artemiy-I havent checked out the
whole site yet to see if there is a
collaboration section.
if not that would be kinda
cool to work on projects with others.
Anyone else feel the same?
I would like to say to you artemiy
that im glad i found this place its like one big family.
THANK YOU...
Roland 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!