Forum problems - making a post

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
RichardT

Forum problems - making a post

Post by RichardT »

Any news on fixing the PHP problems which are making it nearly impossible to make a post on these forums?
RichardT

Re: Forum problems

Post by RichardT »

I only got it to work when I checked "Disable BBCode" and "Do not automatically parse URLs" below the editing panel.
Andy Keys

Re: Forum problems - making a post

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi Richard, I tried to reply to your PM, but it wouldn't let me!
I'm not aware of any updates on the errors, I'm afraid, but thanks for the check-box tips. If you're reading this they worked for me, too.
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

Richard, as you told, setting those options, you get a error message BUT the post is inserted in the thread.

In my very very humble opinion, as this forum is very userful and rich in content an quality, the application phpBB MUST be upgraded.

The most current version of phpBB is 3.3.2 . The forum version seems earlier 2.x as the copyright shows a year 2007.

Also, all the software stack (linux, PHP, Apache, database -maybe mySQL ) suffered BIG changes since. Going to newer version is a harder way and any delay will be worst.

The main problem is newer versions of PHP may not run the actual phpBB version. As a requisite to migrate all data (post, messages etc) you need to install in the same server, the new phpBB together with the current.

I agree that the efford is high, but if we stay doing nothing, the forum will no work anymore.
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

I agree it would be sad if this useful site was to disappear.

Does anyone know if it is an official Roland site,or if it is owned by a 3rd party? Is there someone we could ask if there are plans to fix the site's software to work with the latest version of PHP, etc?
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

It's my understanding that the rolandclan site is totally independant from Roland. As far as I'm aware they've never had an official presence here.
I've emailed the owner about the recent issues. Hopefully things can be done to get rid of the recent errors and keep the site alove.
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update and for notifying the site owner about the problems :-)
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

In addition to the earlier PHP problems, the layout of the site is now degraded on most browsers I have tried, due to a problem with a stylesheet.

One error I have seen:

The stylesheet https://forums.rolandclan.com/style.php?id=2&lang=en was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css". viewtopic.php
pianoman41

Post by pianoman41 »

Agreed. Over the last week, the formatting has been unusable. Something in the stylesheet is corrupted globally. Also, you have to disable BBCode and check Do Not Automatically Parse URLs in order to post again.

Can someone notify the site admin?
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

pianoman41 wrote: 17:13, 20 February 2021 Agreed. Over the last week, the formatting has been unusable. Something in the stylesheet is corrupted globally. Also, you have to disable BBCode and check Do Not Automatically Parse URLs in order to post again.

Can someone notify the site admin?
It looks like the stylesheet problem has been fixed.

I will try to post this reply without disabling BBCode or disabling parsing of URLs to see if that is fixed also...

Edit: that works OK! Thanks to all involved in getting the Clan Forums working again :)
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Woo hoo! Back to playing music :)
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

Congratulations! Well done.
Best regards