copiare patch GM

Messaggi in Italiano
Zot!

copiare patch GM

Post by Zot! »

ciao a tutti

ho acquistato da meno di una settimana la mia Fantom Xa e sto smanettando per cercare di riprodurre alcuni suoni che usavo in precedenza.
Nel fare questo ho notato che, per ottenere uno dei suoni che cerco, sarebbe utile partire dall'editing di una patch che si trova nel banco GM. So che non ? possibile editare il banco GM, ma pensavo di copiare la patch nella memoria user e lavorarci su in questo modo.
Il problema viene qui; seguendo la procedura del manuale faccio un "patch tone copy", ma al momento di selezionare la patch di origine non posso accedere al banco GM.
Avete qualche idea su come aggirare questo limite?

ancora ciao e grazie

Zot!
V-CeeOh

Re: copiare patch GM

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi Zot!
Welcome to Fantomized

Sorry not to answer in Italian (wich I don't speak) but beeing Portuguese I understood your question (we have somethings in common in our languages). So I hope you understand English.

The problem is that there is no way for you to acess the GM patches other playing. This is the only thing you can do : play then on the keyboard, through sequencer or MIDI. You have to find a similar sound in another Bank - no way around this .

Regards,

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
Zot!

Post by Zot! »

hi, fixthemix, and thanx for all.

I understand english (and even a bit of portuguese,I've been there last summer) better than I write it... ;-)

thanx for your reply.
Do you think that even building a patch from scratch will not allow me to put my hands on the original wave?

bye

Zot!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi again Zot!

I don't think that there is any kind of "hidden" of special waves for the GM patches. So when you're editing the patch from scratch can't never tell wich is the right wave(s). I don't have a Xa so can help you there but I guess that you have to listen to all the piano patches and try to find out wich is the closest to the GM piano patch. Another thing is (and I'm assuming that the GM patches are the same on the Xa and on the rest of the Xs) that the GM patches uses more than one wave. On the patch list of the manual it is listed as a 4 voice patch so it uses 4 waves. That makes it even more dificult for you to replicate the patch.

So you have a lot of work ahead.
Xau ;-)

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
The_Magus

Post by The_Magus »

Ciao Zot, strana la tua necessit? di usare/suonare una patch
GM - in linea di massima tutti i suoni GM sono piuttosto
"poveri" rispetto alle loro controparti negli altri banchi, almeno
x il mio gusto personale.