Memory dump?

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
dubathonic

Memory dump?

Post by dubathonic »

Can anyone recommend a reliable way to dump the patterns saved on a groovebox (MC307) to a computer?

I have a Mac running OS X and have never done this before. Do I need any special software? If so, what works well for this purpose?

Thanks!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Memory dump?

Post by Artemiy »

I think a sequencer like Cubase or Logic can record SysEx messages, do you have one of these?
dubathonic

Post by dubathonic »

I don't yet, but was planning to purchase one if necessary. Just wanted to get a little advice before I spend the cash, as I'm a noob at doing this.

I'm guessing all you'd need is the software and a MIDI-to-USB cable, is that right? Or would the computer need any other upgrades/hardware?

(I've also got two pieces of Korg hardware that can do data dumps, so if this kind of software would work on them as well, it would be ideal.)
5ch0k0

Post by 5ch0k0 »

try Adobe Audition 3...u can get a 30day trial on that so u can test it b4 buying
I AM

Post by I AM »

if you only want to backup/load dumps, there is a prog SysEx Librarian, it's for mac and i think it's freeware, just google "SysEx Librarian"..... ofcourse you'll need midi interface, but you can find one for cheap.... i think there was one from edirol, but not sure it was the cheapest..... good luck!