Help!!! MC909 w/256 MB installed, saying "not enough space"

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
briangbv

Help!!! MC909 w/256 MB installed, saying "not enough space"

Post by briangbv »

Hello all, I have a problem with the 909 here. I am trying to import samples from my computer to my 909. I have 256MB installed and it is acknowledged in the system information, yet when I go to copy over 75MB of samples I am told I do not have enough space to perform the operation. It seems to just be using the 16MB of internal memory and not transferring to the newly installed Ram. Is there a way to select specifically where the files are going to go? Like I said, when I click on system I get three indicators of space, my card, the internal 16MB (which I only have 5% left of space) and then the 256MB which has not been touched. How do I use the 256MB for importing all the drum samples I just purchased? Any responses I would greatly appreciate.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Help!!! MC909 w/256 MB installed, saying "not enough sp

Post by Artemiy »

You also need a SmartMedia card for actual storage, as sample RAM is just temporary area.
Nord72

Post by Nord72 »

When You loading samples from pc (via USB) or from SM card, You need to import them first (at this time all of the samples goes into the DRAM).
Without importing You will just copy them into the 16 MB user area (this is basicly for sequencer and patch data).
You can load directly with SAMPLING via spdif in, at this time You need to make a patch and You can use it inside the 909.

http://forums.rolandclan.com/pub/attach/172245-REGARDIN...
briangbv

Post by briangbv »

Thanks for the communication guys! I really appreciate it. As you have stated, when I copied the samples via the USB to my 909, they actually used up all of my 16MB of internal Ram. This is a problem since I cannot save any patterns I am creating for my songs now.

To try and get back to my original starting point before my samples filled the 16MB ram, I connected my 909 to my computer again, found all the samples that took up all the room and deleted them. Disconnected my 909 from my computer but it STILL says that I am using the full 16MB of ram even though the samples are gone. Can you help me out here...how do I clear up the room and what is taking it up in the first place? Do I have to format the user area completely, then copy my backed up files to the 909 via the USB?

Thanks for the help again, I am going to look into the loading directly with Sampling. Just a warning, I might have more questions!