Roland EG-101 Groovekeyboard locks up

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Cornelis66

Roland EG-101 Groovekeyboard locks up

Post by Cornelis66 »

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone had some problems with this groovekeyboard, but I have one which locks up everytime I start a combination with the drums. Not all of the rythyms locks up, just a combination of it. For example 51 and 52 works, but 54 doesn't. After one second it freezes, sometimes it shows some leds and a number on the display, or you can hear the sound locking by the latest note. After turning off and on, it works. But the same thing happens when I start with a combination of drums.

I tried all of the things, also disconnected the panel board and send a midi song with an MC-500 external sequenser to the EG-101, that works but when the first note of the drum plays, it freezes...

It's possible to update the ROM, I saw a little switch on the small CPU board, but I don't have a clue where and how this EG-101 can be updated. And even when it's possible, will this fix the problem?

Nowhere on this planet a service note of the EG-101 can be found. I hope someone can help me with it
Cornelis66

Re: Roland EG-101 Groovekeyboard locks up

Post by Cornelis66 »

Update:

Now the EG-101's drumbox doesn't work at all. Start button and the system freezes immediately. Also a demo run, or using the recorder, keyboard. It won't go further.

Only the sampler works, but this is separated from the rest which I saw on the CPU board. I've ordered a new Hitachi HD6415108F10 chip, the 16-bits micro controller/CPU. I hope when I change this one, the drumpart will work again.