A few SP-404 questions

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
MichaelReagan11

A few SP-404 questions

Post by MichaelReagan11 »

I've had the SP-404 for a week. I pretty much have caught on how to use the unit, however I have a few questionss the manual does not answer.
1. Can you sample into the SP-404 via midi connection? For example connecting my keyboard with a midi cable to the 404 and playing melodies and sounds in.
2.Is there an onboard chopping feature on the SP-404 so you can spread your sample across several pads to alter it's playback (like the SP-606 or an MPC)?

All feedback is greatly apprieciated

-Mike Reagan-
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: A few SP-404 questions

Post by Artemiy »

1. Question for your question: does MIDI transmit audio information? Of course no. To sample any sound source, connect it to 404's line input.
2. No, there is no such feature, but you can still chop it on your computer and then import into the 404.
MichaelReagan11

Post by MichaelReagan11 »

Thanks for the reply Artemio. I never really understood midi that well, but now I understand how to sample my keyboard into my 404. However is there any other alternitives for moving .wav files to the SP besides using the compact flash card (because I don't have one yet).

-Mike Reagan-
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

No, since the SP-404 has no USB port (hey, it's not a big and expensive sampler), you can either sample via the line in or transfer to the card via a card reader.