Outputs on MC909

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
bmwm3

Outputs on MC909

Post by bmwm3 »

How do I use both sets of outputs for the M909?

I want to assign certain tracks to either the 1st or 2nd pair of stereo outputs in the mc909.

Also, have they fixed the problem of a tracks parameters resetting after a pattern is changed from one to another?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Outputs on MC909

Post by Artemiy »

Go to the effects routing screen and there you will see you can route the stuff to output A or B, and also you can route an MFX unit to out A or B (output destination is a small white box under or after the large patch or MFX box).
bmwm3

Post by bmwm3 »

Thanks. There is the pattern mode screen that shows all the tracks on it, where you can set the reverb, pan, pitch, and also MFX1, MFX2, Comp, DIR 1, Dir2, and DRY. I set a track to Dir 2 and it was outputted to the second output, but with no MFX.

IS there a way to get the DIR2 to also have the MFX1 or MFX2 effect? If I pick MFX1 on a patch, then it outputs with the effects to output 1. Can I also do that with Output 2?

Thanks.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

If you don't see the MFX output box in the EFFECTS screen which lets you choose the output destination, then maybe it's not possible (I assumed it is as in Famtoms).
lhm1138

Post by lhm1138 »

No, you can't, the reasoning I guess is that you'd want the direct outs for external processing. The Fantoms are much more flexible in the routing dept.

As for the track parameters resetting after switching, I've not really noticed this, but keep in mind I mainly use the 909 to write patterns which I then dump to Acid Pro and arrange in there. I'd have to check, but you're definitely not the first I've heard complain of it, and knowing how Roland is, I doubt it's been fixed with 1.2. Go to

http://www.petitiononline.com/rolandjp/petition.html

and sign the petition, in the location/comments field put a detailed description of the problem. This could be severely limiting to someone depending on the 909 heavily. This petition is going to be sent to Roland very soon.