Arpeggiator recommendations from D2

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
greedysoul

Arpeggiator recommendations from D2

Post by greedysoul »

Hello, I am currently using a D2 groovebox for its arpeggiator styles and rhythm accents, as well as sound. Although it performs well and the sounds are nice, the arpeggiator settings are global and cannot be easily associated with the patterns and the parts.

My question is: what newer Roland products are there, that have similar arpeggiators and better part/pattern setting capabilities? I'm aware that the SH-32 has some good arp. styles but since that product is discontinued, it's difficult to locate it where I live.

thanks for any suggestions,
-- greedysoul.co.uk
Hugo

Re: Arpeggiator recommendations from D2

Post by Hugo »

Well, the mc-909 should have kick-a** arpeggios, as well as the new 808.
What is your budget? And have you looked for the sh-32 on ebay?

regards, Hugo
greedysoul

Post by greedysoul »

Cool, thanks a lot. Yes on both, I'm planning to get an MC-808 but they are backordered in europe. And I was already planning to get an SH-32 but then I saw they had no sequencer, and if I get the MC-808 I probably won't need the SH-32.

Yes, the MC-808 plan would stretch my budget somewhat, but I think I might just skip the SH-32 and go for that instead. More than the budget, what I'd like to preserve is space in my studio (which is really the dining room :-)

The other considerations I've made were the V-Synth rack, Fantom rack (but that also has no sequencer) and the Yamaha Motif Rack ES. But those are all fairly expensive just for arpeggio styles.

Now I see some software with good arpeggiators might do the trick too for much lower prices, so I'm reluctant to invest in expensive hardware unless I've played with it extensively and feel that I can't live without it.
mike acosta

Post by mike acosta »

May i suggest looking at our SH-201 .... killer arps that can be programmed via its VST plug-in software interface. Works with Mac or PC.

www.rolandus.com
Check out : MV-8000 , MC-808 , MC-909 , SP-606 , SP-404 , Fantom X ver.2 , SH-201 , V Synth & Juno -G
greedysoul

Post by greedysoul »

I already have a couple of MIDI controllers so the keyboard part is not needed... plus I'd like to have a sequencer. I'd love to get an SH-201, don't get me wrong, but I'm thinking more fondly about the MC-808... also for the space consideration.