SP-404 cutting samples with other samples

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
robotto

SP-404 cutting samples with other samples

Post by robotto »

My brother recently bought the SP-404 and everything has been great. We decided to connect it up to his VDrums which is when we ran into the problem of the hi-hat samples. During some of the patterns he was playing he would quickly change between open and closed hi-hat and when he did this the open hat sample would carry on playing over the closed hat sample.
We have looked through both manuals and not managed to find anything of any help with this problem.
So I am asking if anybody knows if it is at all possible to get one sample to cut another? e.g closed hat to stop the open hat when triggered.
Any help would be greatly appretiated even if it is just to say it is impossible to do it.

Bob
lhm1138

Re: SP-404 cutting samples with other samples

Post by lhm1138 »

I don't have this unit, but if there's a Rhythm/Drum edit screen, look in the general info tabs. I have the 909, which has this capability and is crucial for realistic drumming. But the 909 is based on XV engine, not sure about the 404. It may not have this capability.
robotto

Re: SP-404 cutting samples with other samples

Post by robotto »

There is nothing about that with the sampler, but thank you for your help.
At the moment we have the VDrums connected to the mixer for the hi-hat and then the sampler to play all the other sounds. This is working out fine. We were just curious as to if it was possible to do what I originally asked.
We are going to get a small mixer for when we play live to save time.

Bob