SP-404 OS Ideas

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
dopeboydj

SP-404 OS Ideas

Post by dopeboydj »

OK, I'm throwing this out here, Bought Sp last week love every thing about it But, I want to trigger my samples polyphonic style (a la MPC Poly Drum Mode) trigger mode repeats the sound from the begining and gate shuts the sound off when when I take my finger off the pad. Maybe Roland will give us an OS update that makes this possible. I want to be able to do 'flams' without using 2 pads in 1 Bank.

OK, all 404 users I know its not impossible...
This piece of equipment is fairly new so if we post our best gripes for updates Roland may give us maybe two before they stop supporting it.

Feel free to vent in this thread....
Idllemind1999

Re: SP-404 OS Ideas

Post by Idllemind1999 »

Also how alowing the OS to access samples in folders on the external memory card. Possibly by making it format the card with folders to resemble each bank and or Pad (A-J) (1-12)

so when you want to load to a specific pad you can press it (bank and pad) then use the knobs to find the location on the card to get the file (Turn one knob to scroll thru bank folders) and the other to scroll thru pad subfolders)

I'm new to this device so if this sounds crazy, feel free to constructively criticize..
dopeboydj

Post by dopeboydj »

well as far I know the only way to organize files on the external memory card is to ONLY keep them in the root folder labeled as C_01.wav(Bank C, Pad 1)etc. Card Reader is neccesary...
Idllemind1999

Post by Idllemind1999 »

So if I rename the files with the naming scheme you posted, i can load all 120 banks/pads in one shot?
dopeboydj

Post by dopeboydj »

Im new to this machine but that what i do. it takes a little while and you may have to truncate them. (note: remember you can only use {ONE letter,Underscore,TWO Numbers}!!
dopeboydj

Post by dopeboydj »

bump*