SP 404 - Can You Play Back Seperate Sounds from a Sequence

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
adm

SP 404 - Can You Play Back Seperate Sounds from a Sequence

Post by adm »

I'm thinking about picking up a 404. Here's my main question (and I have a feelin that this isn't possible)...let's say I'm out and about, and I construct a little 8 bar loop with some layered drums, and sample, etc.

If I then later on want to record the audio into Protools for mixing, is it possible to play back the sequence one sound at a time while keeping the original sequence (in other words go sound by sound muting all the others so that each individual sound can be recorded onto a seperate track in Protools for more formal mixing).

Any info on this would be appriciated.

Thanks!
J.Daniels

Re: SP 404 - Can You Play Back Seperate Sounds from a Sequen

Post by J.Daniels »

yep. heres something i posted on the sp forums (sp-forums.com):

How to track mute with the "DJFX Looper" effect:

1.When tracking a song into a multitrack recorder or any recording interface, place any pads you wish to mute with the DJFX looper effect(using the remain pad)

2. While the track is recording, turn the 'cntrl 3' knob to 'on' when the sample isnt playing. this cuts out the sample, giving it a track mute effect.

Its also more effective when you change the desired pads while the song is recording(or being performed), using the remain pad.

*you can also use the isolator and turn all the knobs to 0, and assign the effect to the pads you wanna mute using the remain pad.
adm

Cool...Thanks!

Post by adm »

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I knew there had to be a way to do this, and when I called Roland tech support, they said there was not.

It's dope to see that there's cats out there finding work-arounds and little tricks to use in order to really optimize this unit.

Thanks!