Where can I lay my hands on an MC-09

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
krd

Where can I lay my hands on an MC-09

Post by krd »

I would like an MC-09

I've just discovered it's existence,,, and would like one,,, but I can't find one
krd

Re: Where can I lay my hands on an MC-09

Post by krd »

jstorms

Post by jstorms »

Must be a rare piece of equipment! ebay has the owners manual & CD but NO MC-09s. Good luck on your search! j
fleizenkruz

Post by fleizenkruz »

if you are in australia you might be lucky

http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/roland-m ... -1122.html
krd

Post by krd »

And there it is ,,, standing like the last of unicorns ,,,on an Australian gear site.

Fleizenkruzm, Thanks very much for that
djayhooker

Post by djayhooker »

This thing fell on it's butt and it didn't look like one of rolands greatest ideas at the time tbh.

That said, people love the charm of them and they are rare..in a bad way lol

btw just checked the tube. Ironic that it doesn't even try to sound like a tb303 and roland made it.

It grates me all this cashing in roland do on peeps ignorance....thats business I guess :/
I love Roland but they are the most patronising company I know.

My god is that guy pilled up? gurning much lol
djayhooker

Post by djayhooker »

If you need a 303 in your life.....this is good, it's very good!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jIxBWhd2_7c
krd

Post by krd »

I nearly had one -- for $150 -- which i think is the decent price to pay for one. Which is less then the cost of a bad acoustic guitar.

I'll still get one when I can.

I know what I'll do with it when I get it.

All these boxes have their own character to them. Each time I use a different one, I learn how to do things that I've would've never noticed before.
implant

Post by implant »

the guy in the youtube vid is firing off a preset sequence that uses either a bass or lead preset sound. so no 303 emulation is even happening. which i doubt the youtuber even bothered to read the manual and notice this aside from blatant sound differences. the mc-09 has a vintage mode that you can enable to turn the 09 into 303ish emulation. doing this disables the ability to apply the internal effects also reduces editing to just the front knobs that control cutoff, resonance, env mod, tuning, decay and accent. the full range of osc is still available. saw/square/various pulse width/triangle not just square and sawtooth like the 303. i find it funny that not one of the mc-09 youtube videos showcasing the 09's acid sound are even in vintage 303 emulation mode. which means the cutoff and resonance for example are not even set to model the 303 filter at all. the manual sux but you do have to read it all the same. a good reminder not to judge gear by what you see and hear on youtube.
I AM

Post by I AM »

me too have one of theese beasts... the sound is very cool from my p.o.v. especially bass and drums( but leads are also possible).... some say that it's drums are crap, but i don't think so... 303 emulation is not that accurate as accent only affects volume but not filter.... the only bad thing is that sequencer is limited to 4\4 and only 2 bars and there is no way to compose something in 3\4 or 6\8.... this makes this mashine pretty limited... i can't understand why chaps @ roland make such limitations ( this device was released in 2002 and far before that was tb-303 which has all the rhythm meters) ... also no battery operation
implant

Post by implant »

yes, quite a bummer about the accent not effecting the filter.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

I just noticed a while a go that you posted your topic almost a year and a half back.

Hope it worked out well for what you wanted, anyway>.
I AM

Post by I AM »

hey, KRE8A ! the link you posted looks like positive near future for mc-909 for 3290 and for others.... mc-09 should cost like $985 or so.... but if 2 cans of beer would cost 140 ....

( LooL )
speedtribe

Post by speedtribe »

i saw one two of those at a recycle shop for about 100 us dollars equivalent.
i didnt bother to get it since i heard its 303 emulation isnt even close.. its just rolands way of capitalizing off its reputation, like what they did with the name "juno" recently. its good as a bass accompaniment for guitarists because of its phrase recorder and looper.. ironically this does better what the original tb303 failed to do originally. that is be a guitar accompaniment machine. the original 303 became successful because it first failed in its intended design.. the mc09 succeeds in that intent. lol