just got an sp555. gotta question and a problem

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
babyghost

just got an sp555. gotta question and a problem

Post by babyghost »

question is what do yall play through? i got a roland cube 60 keyboard amp and it sounds good sometimes and bad sometimes.

problem is when i program sequences i turn off the machine and go to bed and when i turn it back on it cuts samples in the sequence short, or triggers them at the wrong time or even adds stuff from the same bank that i did not place there. anyone else have any problems like this? is there something i can download to fix it?

thanks
babyghost

Re: just got an sp555. gotta question and a problem

Post by babyghost »

roland clan sucks. i posted this 2 years ago and finally my email says i get a response and there is none. also no cf cards work for the sp 555.
babyghost

Post by babyghost »

also, there are severasl different sounds for the d beam synth, contrary to popular belierf
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks for the kind words!

Ironically for you, that reply was a spam post.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Babyghost sucks. He (She) didn't respond to any of my questions over the last two years! ;-)

Tongue-in-cheek,
PiaKnowGuy
Please feel free to listen to Pirates
PiaKnow
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Instead of pissing in the wind, maybe he should start posting a little more and give SP555 owners a reason to contribute too. Fact of the matter is Roland Clan is what you make of it. It even became KORG clan for a couple of days.

I'm just curious how that SP seems to chop and even write music when everyone is sleeping. Maybe there is a whole family of ghosts over there.

a gaggle of ghouls?
babyghost

Post by babyghost »

thank you all for responding to this post. i guess noone has had a similar problem? im pretty sure it was from too many samples playing at once and confusing the computer or something. in any case i mostly play everything live on it at this point and have not had that problem since. did anyone figure out what cf cards work? i have not been able to find the 2 gb cf cards very easily and the brand i purchased did not work.
thebeav_5

Post by thebeav_5 »

I am looking for the factory utility CD files that come with an Sp-555, would you have these by chance that you could email me? I would like to reset my Sp-555 to original factory setting but lost the CD. Email is thebeav_5@hotmail.com if you could help or know someone who can. Thank you