MC-505 using all EFFECTS

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
cymthoe

MC-505 using all EFFECTS

Post by cymthoe »

hi,

just got my 505 and have been making my own patterns on the user tab and have been tweaking sounds with adsr, cutoff, reso, pitch however...

i cannot seem to figure out to get the reverb or delay to be working, or even the other oscillators, efx and all that good stuff.

i know it has something to do with the edit button but every time i press it i can only get to a few screens showing wave, fx and shit. cant get to reverb, delay etc

help a brother out : )
azmotronik

Re: MC-505 using all EFFECTS

Post by azmotronik »

Well, all of the details are in the manual. If you don't have one, I highly recommend obtaining a copy.

I'm away from my 505 at the moment, but if I recall correctly, there are several places to adjust efx, reverb and delay. First check to see if they are switched on. I think you hit the function button and look at the lights on the preset/user/card area.

Use the faders to send each part to reverb/delay/efx.

Use the knobs in the rev/dly/efx section to dial in your sounds. Holding shift while turning the knobs can help lots.

As far as the oscillators go, whenever you are in patch edit mode, the part buttons (r-7) function as oscillator switch and oscillator select.

The 505 manual is a beautiful thing.

Hope this helps.
/a.
5ch0k0

Re: MC-505 using all EFFECTS

Post by 5ch0k0 »

can someone tell me which button I have to press to produce a hit??

really sometimes people ask funny questions...look on the left side where ur gliders are...press the grey button till reverb, then the patch that u want reverbed...the more you shove it up...the more reverb...easy as 123

sorry for the 1st sentence but...hey the owners manual is really great to read (-;