MC-307 blog

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
dubathonic

MC-307 blog

Post by dubathonic »

I'm completely rewriting this post for the sake of anyone who comes after, looking for help/advice on the MC307 groovebox.

The 307 is of course a fairly old piece of hardware, and it's understandable that after ten years there may not be too many people still interested in production techniques for it. There don't seem to be any active users on this forum, and the Yahoo group dedicated to it was overrun with spammers several years ago.

Still, as I'm having fun discovering what it can do despite its menu-heavy interface and poorly worded manual, I've decided to start blogging on what techniques I come up with. I hope to make it a useful intro to anyone who picks up a used 307 and wonders where to start.

Swing by http://mc-307.blogspot.com/ if you're interested. Later.
speedtribe

Re: MC-307 blog

Post by speedtribe »

ho! i own a MC307 too.

MC307 and D2 are the two most obscure grooveboxes because they were kind of the result of experimental marketting and design schemes that came in between the 505 and 909 which are more popular grooveboxes. so fewer people own MC307 and D2.

but i think thats a GOOD thing! because it makes them rarer boxes and the people who use them can be more unique compared to the majority.

i will go check out your blog.
sounds good... i mean the 307 and your blog idea ;)
ManuD

Re: MC-307 blog

Post by ManuD »

Hi ! I have got one too. I am going to read your blog.