MC909 w/ SRX-01 Drum Expansion: Installing Patches PROBLEMS.

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
briangbv

MC909 w/ SRX-01 Drum Expansion: Installing Patches PROBLEMS.

Post by briangbv »

Hey everyone, this seems like the only place that I might actually get some help on my issue. I recently purchased the SRX-01 Drum Expansion card for the MC-909. Well, it was a terrible surprise when I loaded up the 909 and it added only 7 new drum sets. The drum sounds are amazing but I was still not impressed. After some research I found that Roland had some files on their 909 section that add the patches for the SRX-01 and SRX-02.

I have a Mac and have followed the instructions in the readme file (see attachment) exactly and get the same error each time when I get to the last step (user restore). I get the " invalid file " message and hence cannot complete the process. Can anyone help me out here please? Does the Windows approach work any better? Any assistance/communication would be greatly appreciated.

* Also some of these instructions do not correspond to the correct buttons (F5, F6 etc).
argomax

Re: MC909 w/ SRX-01 Drum Expansion: Installing Patches PROBL

Post by argomax »

Unfortunately i cannot help you with that, as I have another board plugged in, but I do have a question: does your drum board map the drums ina GM style, or in proprietary 909 mapping?
Because I have found this to be the most annoying bug of the 909: its drumsets are mapped in their own special way, and if I import ANY kind of sequence created ANYWHERE else (and, most expecially, Standard Midi Files) it won't play drum sounds at all: thay are off the key mapping chart for the 909, and in totally mismatched positions, too.