SP 404 Question

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
tyrabanks

SP 404 Question

Post by tyrabanks »

so I am not as of yet highly fluent with samplers, but I am planning on purchasing one soon.
I want to use it for a particular purpose and was wondering if anyone could let me know if this is possible.
at the moment play various instruments, and vocals, into a mixing desk, which I then send to a multi effects pedal so i can loop, delay, and such. what I'd want to do with the sampler would be to program drum beats into it and then run my multi effects into the sampler thus quantizing them and matching it to the beat in real time. is this possible?
thankyou.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: SP 404 Question

Post by Artemiy »

I am not sure what you mean by "quantizing multi-effects". Do you mean your effects will be modulated (by an LFO or step sequencer in your effects pedal), and you want to sync this to the SP-404 beats?
tyrabanks

Post by tyrabanks »

basically I just want to send a bunch of stuff into the sampler and have it match up to a beat.

yeh
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

SP-404 can sync to external clock via MIDI. So if you have a hardware workstation or a computer, or your multi-effect pedal can output MIDI clock, then it will be easy to do.