MC-505 + Ableton live

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
warp

MC-505 + Ableton live

Post by warp »

HI!
I use ableton as a VST host and for midi clips, I tried to use it in this way:
I send midi clips from ableton to the mc-505 and it receives them, of course, but, the problem is that I cannot mute-unmute track in the mc-505 if it is used as a sound module,
I don't want to buy another midi controller just for this!
Mute buttons work only for midi sequence recorded inside the mc-505 sequencer and I think it's a kind of bug, in sense that I cannot save an empty pattern If I use it as sound module...Or maybe I don't set it up correctly...
Thank you!
KRE8A

Re: MC-505 + Ableton live

Post by KRE8A »

It's not a bug. As you pointed " Mute buttons work only for midi sequence recorded inside the MC 505 "
When ever you are sending midi information into another source to be hosted, the master device does all the controlling.
warp

Re: MC-505 + Ableton live

Post by warp »

Hi! Thank you!
Of course I tried to use the groovebox as a master midi sequencer and it does a very good job!
The only thing I'd like to be improved is the Pattern Call function: it could be great to have the option to jump between different patterns with the Ableton Live's clip launch options like trigger mode, repeat mode, the legato option and so on with quantization controls...
That's why I prefer to use Ableton to send midi to the MC-505 channels.
Anyway, reading the MC-505 manual, at page 247 (3-2. Quick SysEx Sequencer) there's something about what I'm interested to (the use of part mute buttons when the MC-505 is used as sound module) , but I'm not an expert, so If someone knows how to use those informations for my (and not only) needs, please contact me!