Recording MC - 909 on the fly into Logic Express 8.

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
KRE8A

Recording MC - 909 on the fly into Logic Express 8.

Post by KRE8A »

What I'm trying to do is play and record at the same time with the MC - 909 straight into Logic, and to be able to hear what I'm recording through the computers speakers.

Firstly, I've downloaded the latest m - audio fast track pro sound card driver for Apple Mac OS X.
2. Connected the audio cable from MC 909 [Mix L-gray cable / R-orange cable ports] into m - audio port inserts 1-orange cable & 2-gray cable ports, of the sound card.
3. Connected to the computer via USB and then set preferences for m - audio device. (((I haven't got any midi cables hooked up to the sound card as I'm not sure if I have to yet. Please verify if this is part of the process))).
4. I've opened up Logic and set a new track (((Audio stereo track))), ready to play on the fly and record on.

I can't go no further as I have tried different steps of my own accord, to be able to play and record into Logic. No progress !

Can someone please step me through?... so I can get things happening on my end.
KRE8A

Re: Recording MC - 909 on the fly into Logic Express 8.

Post by KRE8A »

This side of the forum is very slow and it would probably take a year before I get a response to this post. Anyway>, got my testing and equipment integration into the computer working A.OK, with a little help elsewhere.