mc909 faktory presets not recoverable

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
knuteinar

mc909 faktory presets not recoverable

Post by knuteinar »

Hi

I tried to update my mc909 with the latest update 1.23. But now all my factory presets are gone. Patterns and everything. Exept the sounds. Factory reset does not help.

I did it trough USB connection.

Do we really have to backup the factory presets too?
Can anybody send it to me in that case?

Any suggestions?

Repairshop?
KRE8A

Re: mc909 faktory presets not recoverable

Post by KRE8A »

That's quite odd for that to happen. I did notice on the update page that there is : - Macintosh form of the USB update and Windows form of the USB update.
It's quite possible that if you have updated with the wrong update (Mac or Windows - either), it might of been the cause, for the loss of your Factory Pre-set. Try updating again with the right one, if you mistakenly did update with the wrong version.

Select Downloads:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?Pro...
knuteinar

Re: mc909 faktory presets not recoverable

Post by knuteinar »

Hey thanks!

Actually i made that mac mistake the first time. But i copied the ROLAND folder to the user share. So it was not actually updated. I had no problems after that.

Then i realised it was the prog-folder i had to update. And then everything disappeared. The old OS was 1.12 i think. But this time it was the correct windows-update files.

I've also tried to update to a lower OS and formatting through the PC after alot of fooling around and reading forums.

After trying every trick i could find.

Now i was trying to obtain a smartmedia card to do an update. Heard that is more stable. But that is not easy. Who has 128mb theese days.

Anyonye got a clue?