Loading problem

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Cenobass

Loading problem

Post by Cenobass »

Hello,

my MC-909 starts without any problem message but still the loading process is very short, I don't have access to patches that I sampled myself or those I created my self based on factory's patches...

It seems that the MC doesn't load all the data placed on the smart media card when starting... However, all my pattern are still present and can be edited, played... except that all the patches recorder on the Card don't play...

Can anybody help me?

Thankx,

Cenzobass
KRE8A

Re: Loading problem

Post by KRE8A »

Write / load and create patch for samples to exist for when switching machine off and on.
Sampling - from page 109 ( 15 easy pages to read )
To be working with lengthy samples / if you haven't done so, you'll need to expand memory with DIMM,. You will find this info sequence on page 146.

btw, welcome to a Great Forum !
Cenobass

Post by Cenobass »

Thank you for your answer. I've allready added a 256 Mo DIMM card and was before able to sample, edit, play...
I'm afraid the DIMM card is not working anymore but I would want to be sure before replacing it. i send you a picture of the screen "Memory Info" (in system info). The crd seems to be recognized "DIMM=256MB inside" but it indicates Omb (0.0%) free.
When I push "Edit" in the sampling part a,d then sample list on the card, the samples appear but are "unload".
Do you see something I can do ? Do I have to replace the DIMM card?

Thank you for your help,

Vincent Oury
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Hi Cenobass !

It seems to me that you've used up all of the memory space. If you have a lot of samples saved, but there is no need for them anymore, I'd delete to free up some of the space. But be careful, make sure you select the right samples you wish to delete, if that is the way you'd like to go. That way you can save more important stuff, that's if there is any you would like to save.
To be honest though, there has to be quite a fair bit of work saved, to have had the space taken up. Otherwise, there is no harm in getting a new 'Integrated DIMM Module' (chip).
It's a pity that the machine wasn't designed to take full capacity EX.. 1 or 2 GB. I guess this is because in that past tense 512 MB was common, until the expanding memory had started to arrive for computer hard drives and so forth (Electronic Music Instruments).

Do a bit more research anyway, to make sure that this is the case.

Here's another link if you'd like to post a similar question to see if you can get feed back from someone whom might of been, or is in the same situation as you.

http://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4906
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

DUPLICATE POST - REMOVED.