MC909 Buttons jammed - Advice needed

Post by Zebedee »

I hope someone can help.

The four buttons on the bottom left of my MC909 are jammed. The buttons are:
V Link
OCT -
OCT +
HOLD

If I press hard on them I can just about get them to function (with difficulty). There is no springiness. Is it possible that if I open the machine I might be able to "free" them somehow? Is there a guide on how to do this?

If it's a case of needing to replace these, I feel confident enough to have a go at doing this myself . I've done some basic repairs on other synths I have, though I am by no means an expert.

I need to find out:
1 - the part(s) number(s) for these four buttons, and where to get replacements (I'm in the UK). I have downloaded the MC909 service manual, which contains an exploded diagram of the MC909. I thought that it would be relatively straightforward to identify the part from this diagram, but it isn't. Can anybody identify the parts I would need? Is there a guide to this, or someone who has any knowledge/ experience of this procedure?
Is there anything else i need to know?
Any help would be great. Thanks.

I downloaded the service manual (includes list of components) from here:

http://elektrotanya.com/roland_mc-909.pdf/download.html

Here is a pic of the jammed buttons on my MC909. The four buttons above them are fine (you can see they are raised up).
Zebedee

Re: MC909 Buttons jammed - Advice needed

Post by Zebedee »

Here's the exploded diagram as a jpg
Zebedee

Post by Zebedee »

All sorted now.
nocredentails

Post by nocredentails »

anyone reading this thread, with the same problem..get some silicon lube put it on a hq-tip and work it in to the buttons...make sure you fix it if you are getting double hits or if you get buzzing from a drum pad...this will short out the pad.
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

I would not do that if I were anyone. The proper fix is to dismantle the 909, the buttons are held onto the top metal case by double sided tape. watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q88_nOMVW6M&t=941s