Why did the SP-505 get discontinued?

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Capital Skill

Why did the SP-505 get discontinued?

Post by Capital Skill »

I bought mine years ago,dont use it anymore that much,
But when i was using it,i went to great depth to see what it could do. i had lots of fun.Sampling stuff,Micro editing,chopping,making beats to coincide midi with the board i was using at the time.i still think its a great machine.
Just wondering why it was discontinued. (If anyone knows)

Capital Skill
Tombyrd

Re: Why did the SP-505 get discontinued?

Post by Tombyrd »

Hey,

I love it too, it was my second Sampler Groovebox (First was Yamaha SU200..) and it still own it, use it and appreciate it. It offers a lot, but It is somehow limited, so you know where you are, if u know what i mean. I will never forget that hot summer day when i got it in the store and when home, making beats the whole time...

Well, there is the SP 606, the SP 555 ..they are different stories, , no ? They never became attractive for me, just like the D2.

I guess, it suffers the same problem as many gear from this time, the memory card issue, when they stopped producing those big black memory card with 3.3 V and so... that was a big failure, even if you can buy some kind of rather expensive adapter. Same goes to the SU200, the early electribes, the MC909, they all had this kind of external storage.